Cardinal Health Retail Pharmacist PRN in Chicago, Illinois
Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Community Health Center Pharmacist
This is a PRN Retail Pharmacist position located at Howard Brown Community Health Center
Pharmacy Hours: Monday 9:00AM - 5:00PM, Tuesdays 10:00AM to 5:00AM, Wednesday9:00AM to 7:00PM, Thursday and Friday, 9:00AM - 5:00PM.
Schedule: PRN covering PTO and working as needed
Cardinal Health Community Health Center programs are designed and created specifically for healthcare facilities. Our comprehensive suite of pharmaceutical solutions, allows us to address population health management needs across the continuum of care, from HRSA compliance to medication adherence. Serving the patient is our main priority, and that’s why our solutions improve patient access and increase quality of care.
Cardinal Health is looking for a highly motivated pharmacist to work in a company owned retail contract pharmacy. Our pharmacists play an important role in delivering medication and pharmaceutical care in communities that are most in need. This includes immunizations, patient consultation, medication therapy management, and potential management of high risk patients.
- Under the direct supervision of manager, this position is responsible for dispensing and ensuring safe and efficient delivery of medications to all customers.
- Maintains open communication and is available to customers and practitioner sites for consultation
- Participates in supervision of technical staff
- Ensure pharmacy is compliant with best practices for 340B contract pharmacies
- Provide professional consultation to both patients and prescribers of partner health facility
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Be very versatile with workflow changes and have the abilities to adapt to changing workflow.
- Be good at resolving insurance issues
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy requires, PharmD preferred
- Pharmacist registration in the state where the position is located
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Interpersonal relations and customer service skills
- 340B experience preferred
- Experience working with specialty drugs (HIV/AIDS/Hepatitis C), preferred
- A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:• 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine• 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs