PAREXEL International LLC Senior Biostatistician in Chicago, Illinois
Senior Biostatistician Chicago, Illinois, United States Date posted01/13/2022 Job ID79089BR
Apply Now (https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25617&siteid=5091&jobid=1780527)
As a Biostatistician at Parexel you’ll work on a variety of projects, while collaborating with our global team of experts. You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, become involved in business development activities, and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a flexible working environment. You’ll also contribute to research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, and develop and review statistical analysis plans.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"Parexel is very team oriented, so you work with a lot of people and also get to work in different therapeutic areas. There are many opportunities to find what you enjoy and the management is very supportive."
James - Associate Director, Biostatistics
"Parexel is a great place to grow your career, have fun, and make a difference. Our quality-focused team culture and supportive management ensure growth, learning opportunities and achievement for every employee."
Eve - Associate Manager, Biostatistics
- Career Development
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and a flexible working enviroment.
- Open communication
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Utilize Parexel’s industry leading clinical systems and solutions
- Mentoring program
Strong mentors with depths of experience working for global health authorities.
Your time here
As an experienced Biostatistician, you will lead research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, develop and review statistical analysis plans and author/co-author reports, abstracts and manuscripts. You will use your knowledge to advise, provide guidance and to oversee the quality control of statistical deliverables. As the functional lead within a study team, you will direct the Biostatistical activities on a study and be accountable for the deliverables. Senior, Principal, and Senior Principle level Biostatisticians at Parexel are client-facing and play an integral part in the study team.
Our Biostatistics teams are not only focused on delivering quality results for our client’s needs, but also value working with one another in a flexible environment. Although some team members are home-based and others are office-based, our virtual resources support our teams to work collaboratively and effectively across the globe.
Our Biostatisticians are not only focused on delivering quality results for our client’s needs, but also value working with one another. Our virtual resources support our teams to work collaboratively and effectively across the globe. The overall long tenure of our team integrates a depth of knowledge and experience. Working together, you will create paths to answers and contribute to new therapies which ultimately will impact the patient.
What you’ll do
Supervise, advise and review:
• Leverage your expertise. Develop complex analysis strategies and execute them using efficient programming techniques (software: SAS, R).
• Foster teamwork. Perform intricate statistical analyses and provide input to statistical reports.
• Share knowledge. Provide input to analysis plans, statistical reports, statistical sections of integrated clinical reports.
• Impact the process. Be a proactive advisor for all types of analysis from the proposal process through the project life cycle.
• Take quality seriously. Review analysis data sets and quality control all types of statistical analysis deliverables.
• Coach and mentor. Train and uplift junior members of the department.
Cooperate and network:
• Build relationships. Liaise with other biostatistical and company departments to optimize global efficiency.
• Work collaboratively. Coordinate Biostatistics related project activities for successful completion within given timelines and budget.
• Interact with heart. Coordinate with clients with regard to data analysis, scope of work, and budget.
• Demonstrate our expertise. Represent Parexel at client meetings.QualificationsMore about you
On your first day we’ll expect you to have:
• A minimum of 5 years industry (or directly relevant) experience
• A thorough understanding of the statistical aspects of either clinical trials and/or observational studies
• Experience in statistical analysis in a clinically related subject, either within clinical trials or in Epidemiology
• SAS programming or R programming skills (desired)
• A Masters or Ph.D. level education in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, or another relevant discipline
• Confidence, be self-reliant and a quick learner who enjoys working in a matrixed team
• Good leadership skills
• Strong oral and written English communication skills
• The ability to travel as required, although this is not frequent
• A strong work ethic to promote the development of life changing treatments for patients
A little about us
Parexel is proud to be a leading Clinical Research Organization, with colleagues committed to make a difference. As a member of our global team, you’ll have discussions in an open environment—sharing expertise, promoting learning, and getting to know one another on a personal level. You’ll also experience supportive management that encourages career growth through consistent performance discussions and evaluations. Whether your interest is to progress into a more senior level statistical role, or into line management, Parexel prides itself on career opportunities for our employees.EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.