Macy's Macy's Retail Support Associate - Shoe Expeditor, Flex: Chula Vista Center in Chula Vista, California
The Shoe Expeditor is responsible for processing new merchandise and recovering the shoe sales area as well as maintaining high customer service and presentation standards. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking* here *.
In a Flex (Flexible Work Team) position, you’ll design your own schedule each week by selecting your shifts from those available in your area or zone. While you won’t have assigned shifts or guaranteed hours each week, you’ll have maximum flexibility to earn money – and a generous employee discount - around your personal schedule. On key days or peak shopping times, however - like a One Day Sale or the week leading up to Valentine’s Day – youwillbe assigned a shift. These assigned shifts are based on preferences that you set and update periodically during the year.
Essential Functions: *
- Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment by demonstrating proficient use of proprietary devices and applications; proactively create enhanced shopping experiences through the heightened use of tools, technology and collaboration;
- Recover shoe sales floor and scan inventory back into stock;
- Maintain integrity of shoe inventory by ensuring accuracy of scanning and placement;
- Receive and process new merchandise;
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishments are necessary. No experience is needed.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment
Primary Location: United States-California-Chula Vista
Job: Other Non-Selling/Support
Req ID: 71590070