Macy's Construction Management Co-op in Cincinnati, Ohio
* Job Overview: *
The Co-op student will assist Project Manager – in all items listed below with concentration on Field Construction at the Macy’s Stores. This co-op is considered primarily a field position with some office time and will report to the Director of Construction.
Essential Functions: *
- Occasionally required to be on-site at least 5 days a week.
- Assist Construction Administrator with day to day project management.
- Quantify and track purchase orders for owner supplied items.
- Assist in the preparation of contracts for consultant and contracts.
- Participate in the bidding negotiation and award process.
- Track and monitor all field instructions and change orders for additional work.
- Monitor the project and remodel phasing schedule and implement recovery strategies to mitigate delays.
- Provide for accurate and timely project close-outs.
- Complete on-going review of plans and specifications during design and development of construction documents. Focus on elimination of past errors.
- Coordinate the drawing development and complete the drawing review checklist with Store Planning.
- Conduct an on-going review of all additional costs to contracts. Insure they are valid, reasonable and accurate. Properly scrutinize all change order requests as prepared by contractors.
- Monitor the commitments of all pre-purchased material. Verify quantities required versus quantities ordered. Coordinate delivery dates, shipments and approval in processing of related invoices. Insure products are delivered on time.
- Serve as Macy’s Inc on-site representative and agent to insure schedules are maintained and all work is fabricated and installed at the highest quality level.
- Assist with the preparation of punch list and coordinate and monitor completion of same.
- Assist in project closeout within 30 days of store opening or completion of project renovation.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• Year: Junior/Senior In College
• Minimum GPA: 3.0
• Majors: Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering
Communication Skills: *
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong attention to detail
Physical Demands: *
- * • This position requires regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. • May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. • Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Other Skills: *
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Job: Store Construction
Req ID: MAC10362