Cardinal Health Software Engineering (Full Stack Java Developer & DevOps Engineer) in Cincinnati, Ohio
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
The DevSecOps team is a highly engaged team focused on DevSecOps, Automated Testing, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), building Self Service Web Portal for Solution Teams and passionate about enabling Cardinal Health’s mission.
At Cardinal, we expect all our engineers to be full-stack developers that can work in each technical layer of modern software development to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Responsible for successfully designing and implementing systems interfaces and technologies
- Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Builds solution architectures that align requirements, reference architectures design patterns and technology standards to achieve solution agility and speed to implementation
- Excited about developing POCs to prove out architectures and designs
- Possess strong problem solving and communication skills. Must be able to articulate an issue, accurately identify solution options and communicate the best course of action to the internal stakeholders.
- Enforcing sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully
- Maintain an ongoing comprehensive understanding of the devops and cloud-computing ecosystem.
- Experience with Java Full Stack, Spring Boot, Micro Services, Shell Scripting, Angular.
- Experience with Git, and modern source code management
- Experience with design and development of REST API platform using APIGEE or similar.
- Experience with React, Python is a plus.
- Experience configuring Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes and tools such as Concourse
- Understanding of or experience with containerization services such as Pivotal Container Service, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces
- Experience with Agile methodology and DevOps Practices.
- Experience in building microservices using Pivotal Cloud Foundry / Tanzu Application Service.
- Experience in building solutions on Google Cloud Platform / AWS.
- An understanding of other cloud-based technologies (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS.).
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs