Procter & Gamble Study Placement Specialist in Cincinnati, Ohio
P&G is seeking a Study Placement Specialist for our Global Study Management Team (SMT). SMT places clinical, non-clinical, and environmental safety studies to ensure product and ingredient safety and to meet regulatory requirements. This testing is conducted at various external contract research organizations around the world. The work environment is team-oriented, fast-paced, and involves multiple interactions with diverse individuals and teams each day. In this role, you will be an integral member of the Company's Human Safety organization and will manage various tasks within the study placement process. Critical skills needed for the job:
- People Skills: strong communication skills with a customer-service mindset, collaboration, team work, networking and the ability to build strong partnerships and business relationships.
- Interpersonal Skills: adaptability, flexibility, independence to self-manage time and prioritization.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of safety and regulatory testing (e.g., Clinical, Non-Clinical, Pre-Clinical, Environmental, Aquatics, Analytical, and Physical Chemistry).
- Familiarity with testing guidelines.
- Team Leadership and Mentoring skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to fill-in wherever the team needs assistance, willingness to learn all aspects of the team environment. Travel commitments may require 10-20% travel during the calendar year. The ability to travel is highly dependent upon Company travel guidelines, country-specific travel restrictions (due to COVID-19), budget availability, and the need for onsite audits to be conducted at external contract testing laboratories.
We prefer candidates with background experience or education (BS or MS candidates) related to biological science, veterinary science, animal science, veterinary technology, clinical science, medical assisting, environmental science, or education.
Routine tasks include:
- meeting with internal customers and teams,
- obtaining quotes and requesting purchase orders,
- negotiating study start dates,
- reviewing protocols and study designs,
- collaborating with toxicologists and endpoint experts,
- preparing test materials for shipment,
- following the study until completion (e.g., final reports are written and archived, study details are documented in databases, invoices have been processed and paid).
- The applicant must be able to manage challenging work dynamics under the pressures of sector and brand-related deadlines. Must provide strong evidence of managing complex team environments, working independently with external partners, and juggling multiple priorities in parallel.
- Communication Skills (written, verbal, interpersonal) with a customer-service mindset. This includes having the ability to build effective relationships with both internal and external customers, and communicate effectively to diverse teams. Must provide examples of effective communication via Smart Learning Report, Interdepartmental Memo, or the equivalent.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail. This includes ensuring high quality and accuracy metrics are achieved, managing multiple high priority projects in parallel, setting priorities, yet being flexible when adjustments are needed. Even though timelines can be aggressive, the focus should remain on quality over speed.
- Time Management. This includes effectively managing all phases of study planning and execution, coordination of logistics for multiple studies running in parallel, and tracking each study to completion. Must provide strong evidence for working independently, thinking critically, and setting priorities.
- Prefer a candidate with experience and working knowledge of placing or conducting studies for safety testing (e.g., clinical, non-clinical, pre-clinical, environmental). This includes exhibiting an understanding of test systems, study designs, and test methods associated with safety testing. A familiarity with analytical and physical chemistry validation studies is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of regulations. This includes a familiarity with OECD test guidelines, FDA or EPA regulations, human testing guidelines, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and animal testing regulations.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to troubleshoot/problem-solve as unforeseen logistical or financial issues arise with studies. Coupled with this qualification is the ability to remain solution-oriented and customer-focused.
- Working knowledge of common P&G computer applications. A general familiarity of database-type work is essential (GSMS, WTDS, COUPA, and others). Working knowledge of SharePoint management is beneficial.
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting.
We love flexibility. You can arrange your work schedule based on your personal needs.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits' package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Job: Research & Development
Title: *Study Placement Specialist *
Requisition ID: RND00004733
Procter & Gamble
- Procter & Gamble Jobs