Cardinal Health Warehouse Lead in Cincinnati, Ohio
Lead Associate, Warehouse Operations
Schedule: First Shift
Work Location: Cardinal Health, 5532 Spellmire Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45246
Pay Range Based on Experience
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include receiving product, fulfilling, packaging, and shipping orders within established team goals to ensure on time order delivery.
• Training new employees on company and departmental procedures as appropriate
• Ensuring that safety, productivity, and quality standards are met
• Coordinating housekeeping, inventory control, and complying with all QRA and safety requirements
• Directly supporting employees in the distribution center in all functions, including:
• Unloading trucks by hand and with the use of material handling equipment
• Accurately breaking down and stocking freight in accordance with QRA standards and local procedures
• Order processing (accurately picking, checking, sorting, consolidating freight, wrapping pallets, packing, and loading products)
• High School Diploma or GED a plus. College degree completed or in process is preferred.
• 4+ years’ work experience preferred; Prior distribution center experience preferred.
• Independent self-starter with a drive to succeed and a strong emphasis on results with ability to motivate others and significantly contribute in a team environment to accomplish goals.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and follow up skills in addition to analytical skills and problem-solving skills strongly preferred.
• Computer experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, and Word). AIMS, ECC, WIL, ADI experience is strongly preferred.
• Ability to work in a position that requires prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, and reaching with ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assignments
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments
- May provide technical guidance and training to others
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training, and certifications
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issue
- Makes recommendation for new or revised processes and has a role on the implementation
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support you and your family’s health and well-being:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Paid time off plan
• Health savings account (HSA)
• 401k savings plan
• Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
• Short- and long-term disability coverage
• Work-Life resources
• Paid parental leave
• Healthy lifestyle programs
“We support our veterans and will work with you during your military to civilian transition.”
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs