Attorney- Claims Counsel - ( 230004OQ )
Description WELCOME TO SHERWIN WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Provides legal support to the claim and dispute resolution activity of the business. Support will regard, but not be limited to, management and resolution of litigation, claims, and disputes involving personal injury, property damage, warranty, and other matters.
Support to the business will and may include:
- Support to the Divisions through the timely and careful management of claims, litigation, and other disputes.
- Meeting productivity goals and deadlines while maintaining the quality of the legal support related to the support of the claim and dispute resolution function.
- Negotiating and drafting settlements, releases, and other documents that adequately protect the company from future risk.
- Effectively communicating, and appropriately escalating issues with pending disputes, including an assessment as to future potential risk.
- Obtaining and documenting approvals from various levels of S-W management.
- Interacting with the business to understand and endeavor to implement its objectives while protecting the Company during the claims and dispute resolution process.
- Becoming proficient with systems, processes, and workflows attendant to claims activity to drive efficiency and quality of legal support.
- Developing positive relationships and systems to drive efficient and effective outcomes related to legal support to claims activity.
- Effectively handles a significant volume of dispute resolution activities for Risk Management partners.
- Provides advice - Provides focused and practical legal advice respecting business operations as well as the impact of current or anticipated laws, rules, and regulations.
- Analyzes coverage – Understands coverage issues, interprets insurance policies and advises business partners.
- Substantiates positions - Researches, develops, and coordinates implementation of legal solutions.
- Mitigates risk - Identifies and analyzes existing and emerging legal risks. Develops and implements business-focused strategies to manage risks.
- Compliance - Assists the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and control mechanisms to promote compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Proactive guidance - Keeps up to date with new regulations and emerging legal risks; provides proactive advice and counsel to business units and corporate functions that may be impacted.
- Demonstrates the development of relevant function-based legal expertise and support for legal affairs of business units or enterprise-wide functions.
- Develops understanding of the operational model by which the supported business unit or enterprise-wide function operates.
- Supports clients on a cost-effective basis.
- Manages outside counsel in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Primary Business Partner Engagement
- Engages, communicates with, and advises mid-management and operational business level of issues, risks, and exposures for assigned disputes.
- Develops basic understanding of how legal support affects objectives, risks, and returns of business clients.
- FORMAL EDUCATION:
- Juris Doctor
- License to practice law required (applicable jurisdiction)
- Claims adjuster’s license
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of general business concepts and activities.
- Strong knowledge of legal concepts related to litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Strong communication and writing skills, in particular related to formal document and correspondence drafting.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- 1-4 years of relevant experience handling claims, lawsuits, or other disputes for an insurance carrier, third-party administrator, or a law firm that regularly defends insureds in personal injury, property damage, or other matters
- TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and other applications as required.
- General working knowledge of legal software
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location : United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Other Locations : United States-Minnesota-MINNEAPOLIS
USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Posting : Mar 15, 2023
Schedule : Full-time
Respond By : Mar 29, 2023
Pay Basis : 91,426.00 - 117,324.00 US Dollar (USD)
Req ID: 230004OQ