Allegion Material Specialist 4 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Job Title: Material Specialist 4
Location: Security, Colorado
This position is responsible for the administration, documentation and material handling of parts being used for sub-assembly or finished products.
• Capable of lifting weights up to 45 pounds frequently and lifting weights up to 60 pounds occasionally. Weights must be lifted utilizing proper lifting techniques from 4 inches to 56 inches off the floor. Above the shoulder lifting may be required.
• Properly receive, put-away, store, count, label, load and stage production parts while maintaining a focus on inventory accuracy.
•Complete requisitions for parts shortages.
• Interfaces with ERP software which requires analytical skills with a functioning level of math.
• Demonstrates product knowledge of the different product lines and the terminology associated with each.
• Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Interacts amongst various departments and at all levels of the organization.
• Responds attentively to training from leaders, more senior handlers, or others in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
• Works in a multitask environment with constant realignment of priorities.
• Works a varying schedule depending on department requirements.
• Must be available to work overtime evenings and Saturdays.
• Must be able to obtain a forklift license.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• Participate in team activities including group interaction and team problem solving.
• Interact effectively with stores and assembly functions.
• Interact with various teams with a professional demeanor.
• Assembly experience preferred.
• Product knowledge of one or more product lines.
What You’ll Get from Us:
Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy” (https://www.allegion.com/corp/en/careers/culture.html#serve)
A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, which currently offers a 6% company match and no vesting period
Health Savings Accounts – Tax-advantaged savings account used for healthcare expenses
Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax-advantaged spending accounts for healthcare and/or dependent daycare expenses
Disability Insurance –Short-Term and Long-Term coverage, paid for by Allegion, provides income replacement for illness or injury
Life Insurance – Term life coverage with the option to purchase supplemental coverage
Voluntary Wellness Program – Simply complete wellness activities and earn up to $2,000 in rewards
Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can “serve others, not yourself” (https://www.allegion.com/corp/en/careers/culture.html#serve)
Paid Time Off
Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths assessment & coaching
Compensation: This range is provided by Allegion. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience.
$15.78 - $19.72/hr.
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team .
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer (https://www.allegion.com/corp/en/careers/equal-opportunity.html)
Join Our Talent Network (https://www.applytracking.com/optin.aspx?c=JM%2bYYM49ORLnaCr9EobAURIpQPZbjwuJ)
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.
- Allegion Jobs