Lockheed Martin Project Manager (C2BMC Capability Owner) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: The Command and Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Team in Colorado Springs, CO is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Capability Owner to drive the delivery of the C2BMC Spiral 8.2-7 to meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements.
This position is accountable for the overall engineering technical, cost and schedule performance of the capability.
- Coordinate planning, organization, and execution of engineering activities for development of assigned technical capabilities (involving software, integration, test, network, cyber, hardware, deployment, systems and specialty engineering resources) integrated into the C2BMC system
- Maintain clear and open communication with program and engineering management regarding status, Earned Value Management (EVM), staffing needs, program risks, and other relevant program and engineering metrics
- Utilize best practices within the engineering team using agile processes, tools and frameworks and will review capability artifacts for compliance with engineering principles, company and program standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
Tasks include but are not limited to:
• Execution of technical development of the capability
• Work with product owners and release train engineers to develop schedule, technical and cost performance of the capability
Perform as the Control Account Manager for the capability, to include the following activities:
• Attend weekly Earned Value Meeting (Program cost and schedule meeting)
• Manage all technical labor resources by performing weekly analysis for each Control Account
• Create and attend monthly VAR reviews including performing technical root cause analysis and identifying corrective actions where applicable
• Control and implement Work Authorization Documents for the capability
• Collect standard metrics data to be used for program execution status, technical improvement and management/customer status updates
• Management of risk mitigation activities, schedule planning, and managing change requests associated with the capability
• Preparation and presentation of internal and external communications, including but not limited to In Process Reviews (IPRs), Integrated Engineering Technical Reviews (IETRs), and bi-weekly status meetings for program management and customer representatives
• Manage the lifecycle of negotiated and assigned ECP effort(s) added to the capability
• Assist with capability resource de-confliction across Functional Area, Product Team and Agile Release Train
• Participate in program planning activities to ensure joint priority and maturity for their responsible capability is achieved
• Assist with Resolving schedule and technical issues
• Create and analyze what-if scenarios as needed
The selected applicant will be expected to achieve long-term goals as the responsible Capability Owner with minimal oversight by program and engineering management.
This position will be approx. 60% CAM, 40% Technical Execution Management
*Must have an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance to be considered for this position*
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
• Project management experience as part of DoD systems and capabilities under development
• Experience as a Control Account Manager on a DoD program exhibiting the ability to coordinate planning, execution, integration and completion of projects within your area of assigned responsibility
• Experience in planning, conducting, and coordinating activities such as documentation development, technical exchange meetings with stakeholders, test events, and capability deployments
• Recent experience with Baseline Reviews as the CAM answering the questions
• Experience with DevOps and Agile Methodologies
• Experience managing the design, development and implementation of DoD projects
• Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio information needs, as well as determine the resources needed to achieve objectives
• Secret clearance required (interim Secret is not acceptable)
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
• 401k (with generous matching)
• Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule
which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
Learn more about our competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
• Prior experience working with the Missile Defense Agency and C2BMC is a plus
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin CAM/CAM Analyst processes and policies (PPMP) or equivalent
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Strong verbal and written communication interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills
• Knowledge and experience with C2BMC NT/BC processes and procedures
• Agility in learning business processes
• Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
• Familiarity with EVM Implementation on an Agile program
• Ability to comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Ability to interpret enterprise level strategies
• Problem solving aptitude
• Strong business perspective
• Customer-focused aptitude
• Proactively builds and aligns stakeholders, capabilities, and resources for getting things done quickly and achieving objectives
• Support program management of strategic technical projects, problem-solving, and ensure effective operation of the overall business rhythm
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs