Hilton Director of Restaurants - Hilton Columbus Downtown in Columbus, Ohio
Bring your talents to the table in a creative, dynamic atmosphere with teammates that share the same passion for hospitality! We offer amazing benefits such as FREE parking and meals, worldwide travel discounts, paid time off starting on your first day, and much more!
The award-winning Hilton Columbus Downtown is looking for a Director of Restaurants to join this growing team! Receiving top awards within Hilton such as the Connie Award 4-times and F&B Program of the Year, and rated as an AAA 4-Diamond Hotel.
Located in the heart of the city, this hotel has 532 rooms, 25,000 square feet of banquet space, and 4 food and beverage outlets. As of last fall, this high-profile property has expanded to 1,000 rooms, 75,000 square feet of banquet space, and 5 food and beverage outlets. This includes a 3-meal restaurant, rooftop lounge, lobby bar, and marketplace. Learn more about our new outlets here (https://www.storiesaboveallcolumbus.com/foodanddrink) .
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of FYR managing a team of 25-30 ( including 3 leaders ) and reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage.
FYR is our signature chef-driven, live fire restaurant that incorporates fire & smoke into the main dishes, cocktails & desserts. The menu features innovative midwestern cuisine in an open kitchen concept using the freshest seasonal, locally grown ingredients.
The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader who will drive the operation forward through staff training, development, and engagement ensuring we are delivering world-class service and has a talent for building comradery and a positive culture. At least three (3) years of food and beverage management experience in an upscale restaurant is required. Prior opening and hotel experience are a plus.
Want to learn more? Hotel Website (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cmhdwhh-hilton-columbus-downtown/) , Facebook , Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hiltoncolumbus/)
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Restaurants, you would be responsible for directing and administering the activities and services of multiple restaurants in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Plan and direct all aspects of restaurant operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue, including, but not limited to, creating new menus and cross-selling products and services hotel-wide
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits - Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S. (Hilton named #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S)
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education (https://newsroom.hilton.com/corporate/news/hilton-announces-new-education-benefit-through-partnership-with-guild-education): Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Director of Restaurants - Hilton Columbus Downtown
Requisition ID: HOT095HY
- Hilton Jobs