Macy's Health & Wellness Expert, Part Time: Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio
* Job Overview: *
The Wellness Expert will be responsible for introducing our customer to our new wellness solution. The associate will collaborate with store and vendor partners to plan and host in-store Wellness Events, conduct community outreach, as well as train and educate sales associates on Wellness products and services throughout the store. This associate’s responsibility is to create an enhanced shopping experience through in depth Wellness knowledge in order help the customer find exactly what they are looking for, provide one-on-one service throughout the store, develop and maintain lasting relationships with customers using the MyClient tool, educate our customer on our new wellness concept and drive sales. Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
Essential Functions: *
- Help customer navigate our wellness offering both in the wellness area as well as throughout the store providing her with recommendations to help her solve her wellness needs (product, services and events)
- Provide in-depth product knowledge on wellness product assortment and events in store
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Leverage external education, product knowledge, and digital resources on Wellness to increase sales by educating and assisting the customer and expanding merchandise options to enable the best choice
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships with associates throughout the store in order to create the best possible experience for the customer by training and educating as well as creating a global awareness of Wellness products, services, and events available throughout the store; Coach other associates on Macy’s new wellness concept and offering
- Communicate and provide customer feedback daily to VPSM and SMs of key areas in order to enhance in-store events, product assortment, and customer experience.
- Collaborate with Sales Mangers on key wellness trends, leveraging technology and product knowledge
- Share customer feedback with Senior Leadership on store visits
- Conduct outreach to customers utilizing appointment schedule tools and event planning, as well as community outreach
- Execute in-store wellness events, support local wellness marketing and social media strategies
- Lead wellness events or partner with outside expert to lead events
- Serve as role model for peers and mentor for new hires on wellness Product Knowledge and My Client
- Maintain high customer readiness standards: delivers a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare - whether Macy’s devices or their own - to drive sales
- Ensure shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• College degree or Certification/specialized education in nutrition, physical fitness, or mind/ body is preferred. Minimum 1 year previous selling or retail experience is preferred.
Communication Skills: *
• Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of Management.
Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction and calculating percentages coupled with ability to use a calculator fluidly.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team. Must have good time management skills. Demonstrates ability to build relationships and convert customers into clients.
- Physical Demands: *
• This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level.
Other Skills: *
• Ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner. Effectively utilize POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send as well as MyClient. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment. Passion for wellness is critical.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Columbus
Job: Non-Commissioned Sales
Req ID: 71589049