Cardinal Health Lab Technician in Columbus, Ohio
Benefit eligible on the first day of employment!
What Nuclear Manufacturing contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing is responsible for cost of production and maintenance activities including process improvement, supply chain management, quality assurance, employee safety and engagement, and environmental commitment.
Nuclear Manufacturing is responsible for the manufacturing of time sensitive radiopharmaceuticals in an integrity driven, highly regulated environment (i.e. FDA, NRC, DOT) to support patient treatment through disease diagnosis, staging, and monitoring.
- 40 Hours per week
- Overnight shift
- Sunday night/Monday - Friday
- Varying starting times between 8:00pm - 2:00am, based on business needs. Must be willing to start an 8-hour shift anytime during that time frame.
- Possible holiday rotations
- Successfully complete extensive training, including e-learning assignments and hands on components, to demonstrate and maintain proficiency
- Manufactures radioactive isotopes (includes synthesis set up, hot cell manipulations, distribution)
- Conducts quality control testing of each batch (utilizing gas chromatograph, dose calibrator, multi-channel analyzer, TLC plate scanner, high pressure liquid chromatograph, analytical balance, PTS, laminar flow hood and fume hood)
- Works in ISO 7 cleanroom to make product vials and customer vials for use in drug production
- Performs environmental and personnel monitoring in ISO 5, ISO 7, and ISO 8 environments
- Coordinates daily production run schedule based on customer and pharmacy needs
- Demonstrates strong documentation practices, oral communication, and writing skills. Performs clerical and administrative tasks, including maintenance of daily production records, report preparation and maintenance records
- Manages SAP Inventory (includes receiving materials, properly inspecting materials for use, and maintaining proper cycle counts)
- Performs daily radiation safety tasks, along with general lab cleaning
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent or equivalent work experience, preferred. Education in Sciences (Chemistry, Biology etc. preferred).
- 0-1 years of experience preferred
- Lab experience highly preferred
- Must be able to work overnight shift (Facility operates at night.)
- Prior experience in manufacturing, preferably in a controlled environment and/or regulated industry desired.
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills
- Able to repeatedly follow detailed processing instructions
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time; Ability to evaluate operating conditions and exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds as needed
- Ability to see fine particulate and differentiate colors in liquid solutions.
- Ability to hear, write (English), and speak (English) clearly in order to communicate in manufacturing setting.
- Manual dexterity required for equipment operation and occasional reach and lifting of small objects.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision
- All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs