HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN)-Labor and Delivery in Conroe, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aRegistered Nurseto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe – Conroe, TX*
*Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery (L&D)*
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is a tertiary acute care342-bedhospital that has been serving the community for more than 75 years. It provides a 24-hour designated Level II trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, cardiac care services, women’s center, daVinci robotic surgery, neurosciences, pediatric care, rehabilitation therapy, sleep center, radiology, hyperbaric medicine, diagnostic/imaging services, and wound care facility.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Reassess patients on an on-going manner.
- Responsible for adhering to the hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responsible for the application and advanced interpretation of maternal/fetal monitoring.
- Performs vaginal exams and identifies: a) presentation, b) dilatation, c) Station, d) effacement
- L&D nurses (not APU) are responsible for circulating for Cesarean Sections and Tubal Ligations.
- Assists physicians with procedures, as appropriate.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere and compliance with “Refection of Excellence” standards.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family, as needed.
What you will need for this role: * Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing * BSN or currently enrolled in BSN Program * Current licensure in Texas and/or current Compact License * Current BCLS certification required * NRP Certification within 90 days of hire * ACLS Certification within 90 days of hire * Credentialed for FHR interpretation within 1 year of hire * Minimum of 1-year current L&D experience required
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN)-Labor and Delivery
Location: Texas-Conroe-HCA Houston Conroe
Requisition ID: 06437-134387