US Foods Senior Project Portfolio Manager (Virtual Position) in Corona, California
Join Our Community of Food People!
The purpose of the Supply Chain Effectiveness team is to partner cross-functionally to coordinate Supply Chain’s people, process, and talent initiatives as they are introduced to the field. The Senior Manager of Portfolio Management is responsible for overseeing project portfolio prioritization, tracking project lifecycle progress and milestones, and enabling project teams’ execution. The individual will do so by serving as a cross-functional influencer and managing a stage gate process from project intake, design approval, to ongoing performance measurement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Manager, Project Portfolio Management, will drive short- and long-term strategic initiatives for Supply Chain, supporting the alignment and execution of the strategic roadmap. They will lead the implementation by engaging senior leadership within and across functions in the evaluation of business plans and initiatives, determine areas of opportunities and risks, develop alternative solutions to challenges, lead the execution of strategy plans and initiatives, and partner with senior leadership to support strategy development initiatives.
The senior manager will be responsible for governance of the projects within the SC Portfolio, collaborating on the framework, tools, templates and processes to balance resources against business priorities. They will partner on initiative prioritization for field facing efforts through a stage gate process (intake, business case, implementation planning, executive leadership approval, ongoing performance management) in collaboration with function leadership and the program office.
The role involves leading and influencing project owners and their aggregated impact on overall functional prioritization and execution.
• Leads the prioritization and alignment and manages the execution of the Supply Chain project roadmap by identifying and evaluating resource needs and utilization across Supply Chain functions; collaborating with key stakeholders to analyze project initiatives; identifying and communicating interdependencies across operations and business units; developing prioritization recommendations and communicating the recommendations to executive and senior leadership; ensuring program alignment with business strategies and goals; obtaining buy-in on project prioritization and ensuring accountability for the project roadmap; reporting project status and results to executive leadership; and overseeing project alignment and resource planning for Supply Chain.
• Leads projects and project teams for Supply Chain by determining scope, deliverables, objectives, and project plans and ensuring alignment with both the company and Supply Chain priorities and strategies; determining key project metrics and translating project requirements into goals; analyzing solution approaches and benchmarking them against industry standards and best practices; partnering with key stakeholders to create implementation and/or transition plans; monitoring impact of changes; evaluating progress against goals and standards; and adjusting project plans and initiatives accordingly.
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
• Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Internal: works directly with Supply Chain leadership team, Field Operations; enterprise Program Office, Commercial, Insights and Analytics, Finance, HR and IT.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in business management, engineering or other relevant areas is required.
• Project management professional certification a plus
• Must possess a minimum of 7 years of experience, including project lead roles especially large-scale projects.
• Strong project management experience required where candidate gained both functional experience and deep business, problem solving expertise.
• Management consulting experience a plus.
• Clear, concise communicator able to interface with all levels of the organization. Strong written and oral presentation skills, including comfort delivering presentations to the Executive/Senior Leadership Team
• Must be extremely detail oriented and organized. Must demonstrate an effective project management skill set.
• Must demonstrate a keen ability to influence others without formal authority. Must possess a solid understanding of the business context to communicate fact-based messages effectively across all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated cross-functional partnerships to work with and lead teams towards a common goal. Ability to provide coaching to teams and stakeholders to achieve common goals.
• Demonstrates flexibility, resilience and composure, leading analyses and developing innovative solutions in a fluctuating or ambiguous environment.
• Adapt, thrive, and multitask in a demanding workplace while managing pressure, deadlines and conflicting and shifting priorities.
• The role requires intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The following information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $96,700.00 and $128,900.00. To review available benefits, please click here: https://www.usfoods.com/careers/benefits.html .
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 866-960-5886. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.
- US Foods Jobs