Marriott Recreation Manager in Coronado, California
Job Number 23096024
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa, 2000 Second Street, Coronado, California, United States
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Supports the Director of Recreation in all aspects of the pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep, cleanliness and the operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Position works with direct reports to carry out departmental strategies.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Recreation Operations
• Supervises employees and supports day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Monitors quality, standards and meets or exceeds the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Participate in the development of specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Supports the management of outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Monitors the children's program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Supervises group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
• Monitors pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, provides guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
• Coordinates training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
The hourly pay range for this position is $21.48 to $36.51 and offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
- Marriott Jobs