Lockheed Martin Technician Specialist (Mid-Career) in Courtland, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space . Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will perform as a member of a team in the role of a Technician where you will assemble, develop, and fabricate structural and precision electrical/mechanical components and assemblies.
This role requires that you be able to work from engineering drawings, written work instructions, and process specifications to meet quality production standards. You will need to be a self-starter - capable of working independently, with minimal direction in an environment where the ability to work extended hours and weekends to support production demand is essential.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Mechanical/electrical fabrication of flight and ground support hardware.
• Electronic, mechanical, or electromechanical assembly.
• Construct, fault isolate, calibrate, test, and maintain equipment: components, devices, and systems.
• Interpret engineer drawings and build assemblies with minimal work instructions.
• Utilize basic math and computers skills.
• Configure initial layouts using hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
• Perform a variety of hands-on electrical assembly tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations.
• Conduct in-process quality inspections on work in progress in accordance with quality specifications; make continuity checks on both work in progress and completed work.
• Disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies under simulated conditions.
• In this role, you will work as a member of a team communicating technical issues to Manufacturing / Quality Engineers while supporting corrective actions.
• Willingness to support occasional travel to remote sites in support of production operations.
• Ability to be trained to perform all duties related to work you're doing in accordance with Lockheed Martin training requirements.
High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 3 years of experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Significant experience with mechanical/electrical fabrication; cable and connector assembly.
• Possess the skills and experience in the use of a variety of tools and materials related to electrical cable/wire harness fabrication and basic mechanical assembly.
• Significant experience and understanding of building deliverable hardware built to military / flight specifications.
• Experience with test instrumentation (accelerometers, thermocouples, and strain gauges).
• IPC 620/Cable Harness-Soldering
• Basic knowledge of test equipment (DITMO, O-scope, etc.
• Prior experience/certifications in industries specific to the job description.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs