Hyatt Event Planning Manager in DALLAS, Texas
The Event Planning Manager's primary focus is servicing Sales and Event Sales bookings ranging from 100-1000 rooms. This position acts as the liaison between Meeting Planners and the hotel staff. Responsibilities include: administering the Sales agreement, detailing all Food, Beverage and A/V needs, managing room blocks and pick up, billing instructions and final review. Event Planning Managers also are the on-site contacts and are responsible for the smooth execution of all events.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing meaningful experiences and efficient service. Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that requires exceptional performance and leads to great opportunities. Whether it is career advancement, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you!
CULTURE AND FUN!
· Free room nights, discounted room nights, and friends & family room rates at wonderful Hyatt locations around the world
· Celebrations, recognitions, and volunteer opportunities
· Free nutritional colleague meals
· PerkSpot - discounts at various retailers - Apple, AT&T, Verizon, and many more!
· Discounted parking and discounted annual DART passes
WELLNESS AND BENEFITS!
· Full medical benefits at 30 days of employment
· 401K with company match
· Employee Stock Purchase plan
· Paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and extended sick leave
· New child leave, paid family bonding time, and adoption assistance
· Tuition reimbursement
· Free access to Headspace – meditation, recuperation, and rejuvenation
· Work-life balance
· A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. Refined verbal and written communication skills
· A minimum of 2-5 years of hotel event sales/event planning or comparable experience required
· Must be proficient in general computer knowledge.
· Candidates should be extremely detail oriented, organized and be able to handle a fast paced environment
· Ability to build and maintain professional relationships
· Must be able to collaborate with internal and external clients to ensure detailed information is clearly understood and communicated properly
· Balance management of on-site events and upcoming events simultaneously
· Proactive and visible on-site contact for meeting planners to ensure smooth execution of all events
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas
Organization: Hyatt Regency Dallas
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: DAL004808
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
- Hyatt Jobs