Hilton Barback (Full-Time) - 33 North at Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, California
Join us in Orange County, California and live in one of the nation's top vacation destinations with year-round sunshine, picturesque beaches, premiere attractions and a lively dining and arts scene.
The award-winning AAA 5-Diamond Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club is looking for a Barback at 33 North Lobby Lounge to join the Food & Beverage Team!
Located in the beautiful coastal town of Dana Point adjacent to Laguna Beach, this town played an iconic role in the emergence of California's surf culture and today is celebrated for its laid-back vibe and fun, active lifestyle.
The resort is perched on 175 acres atop a 150-foot seaside bluff with over 400 rooms, 115,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, and 8 food and Beverage outlets. This includes 4 restaurants, a beach club, lounge, marketplace, and IRD.
- Classification: Full-Time
- Shift: Mid-PM shifts
Want to learn more? Hotel Website (https://www.waldorfastoriamonarchbeach.com/) , Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/waldorfmonarchbeach) , Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/wamonarchbeach/)
What will I be doing?
As a Barback, you would be responsible for preparing and servicing permanent and portable bars throughout the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Retrieve orders from storeroom, visually check stock and reconcile with written requisitions to ensure order accuracy and re-check stock upon delivery
- Prepare the bar by cutting, slicing and peeling perishable garnishes and fruits, mixing and pouring juices and storing back-up supplies in prescribed containers
- Check with and assist the bartender to stock and maintain the bar to include, but not limited to, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce
- Transport taps and replace and perform routine maintenance on beer kegs
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigerators and storage areas in accordance with federal, state, local and company codes
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits - Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S. (Hilton named #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S)
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education (https://newsroom.hilton.com/corporate/news/hilton-announces-new-education-benefit-through-partnership-with-guild-education): Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Barback (Full-Time) - 33 North at Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort
Requisition ID: HOT08TOQ
- Hilton Jobs