Cardinal Health Manufacturing Mechanical Technician in Deland, Florida
1st Shift: 7:00am-3:00pm Monday-Friday
Needles Mechanical Technician II
What Product Test & Calibration contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing is responsible for cost of production and maintenance activities including process improvement, supply chain management, quality assurance, employee safety and engagement, and environmental commitment.
Product Test & Calibration sets up, aligns, monitors, and/or calibrates production equipment. Assists and may perform maintenance on machines and cleans up minor chemical spills in assigned area as well as glassware, ovens, and other equipment.
The Technician II, Product Testing and Calibration is responsible for first level troubleshooting for machines within the facility along with the maintenance of these machines. The job is also responsible for the operation of simple machinery as needed.
- Rebuild and replace cylinders
- Troubleshoot equipment (machines, packaging, rotary machines, etc)
- Train mechanical set up technicians
- Support production
- Use of hand tools (allen wrenches, caliper, wrenches, screwdriver, etc)
- Maintains simple machines and performs general trouble shooting.
- Conducts quality checks on the finished products.
- Operates simple machines that produce products.
- Documents applicable information regarding product quality and machine performance.
- Sets up and calibrates machines as necessary.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- High school degree or GED preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs