HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiovascular Specialist - Cath Lab RN PRN in Denver, Colorado
If you have a passion for the Cardiac Cath Lab, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children is your best choice! Our RNs have the opportunity to work with a diversity of cases, providing a broad learning experience and an increased knowledge of the full spectrum of medicine. If you enjoy being part of a cohesive team, we are looking forward to you becoming one of our team members!
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Cardiovascular Specialist - Cath Lab Registered Nurse.
Our team of expert Cath Lab clinicians are experienced and highly trained to diagnose cardiac conditions as well as perform coronary and peripheral interventions. The Cardiac Cath Lab is available to patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This cardiac service offers the most advanced and innovative technology. Our medical and nursing staff is trained extensively in all areas of cardiac diseases. Here is some of what you can expect from being a Cardiovascular Specialist – Cath Lab Registered Nurse with us:
- You will assume responsibility for the routine care and maintenance of radiological equipment, in addition, assumes responsibility for quality patient care, maintenance of required cath lab competencies and assistance in all aspects of invasive, or non-invasive cardiac procedures.
- Your role will be able to explain all procedures to patients to help alleviate anxiety.
- You will have the ability to work within a team environment with individuals having similar abilities and responsibilities, as well as you must be willing to assume “on call” assignments and return to facility within 30 minutes for emergency cases.
- Your role will have the ability to handle emergency situations during high-risk procedures and you must be willing to provide discretion and confidentiality in word and action.
- You will interact with physicians during routine procedures, during emergencies and to assist with interpretation of and recording of data collected.
- Your role gives primary and critical patient care and administers necessary medications per doctor’s orders, per physician’s extender, while patient is in the lab.
- You will manage and communicate regarding pre-procedure patient preparation, as well as about post procedure processes including recovery and outpatient appointments, discharge information regarding medication, lifestyle, activities, and care of the surgical site.
What are the needed qualifications of a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Nurse?
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Current Colorado Registered Nurse License with current BLS, ACLS, and PALS Certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- 2-3 years of experience in a specialty unit (Critical Care, ED, PACU, or Radiology) preferred
- Proficiency in cardiology nursing procedures and skills, including cardiac dysrhythmia interpretation preferred
- Knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, physiology, hemodynamic, and rhythm interpretation preferred
Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center, located in the Uptown neighborhood in Denver, CO and licensed for 680 beds, PSL provides the most advanced care for patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. We are proud to serve our community with experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
Since delivering our first baby in 1882 at St. Luke’s Hospital, we have focused on providing exceptional baby care. Today, P/SL offers the region’s most advanced maternal-fetal care, focusing on rare conditions that put mothers and their developing babies at high-risk. The Advanced Cardiac Center at P/SL is known as a major heart hospital, recognized several times over the American Heart Association for excellence and for its success in implementing a higher standard of cardiac care that effectively improves treatment of patients hospitalized for heart disease. While the tools are ever changing and our ability to care for patients is always advancing, one things remains constant - putting our patients first, with quality, respect, safety and teamwork.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Recruiter contact: Jodi Evans, Lead Recruiter
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Cardiovascular Specialist - Cath Lab RN PRN
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-119233