Kiewit Corporation Early Career Transportation/Roadway Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Denver, Colorado
Early Career Transportation/Roadway Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering
Date: Apr 10, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78883
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is the in-house engineering company of Kiewit. KIE’s key specialties cover all the bases, including engineering and contract review, technical support, personnel training, design considerations, change orders, scheduling, job cost projections, and constructability and method analysis. KIE serves Kiewit district, joint venture partner projects by supporting management and design at all levels. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services support Kiewit pre-bid, post-bid and through project completion.
KIE has an immediate opening in its Civil Engineering Department for an entry level Roadway/Civil Engineer Responsibilities include:
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, superelevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Final design plan production.
• Development of 3D models utilizing InRoads.
• Interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure those project elements are designed as an integrated unit.
• Developing exhibits for meetings and proposals.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college.
• 0-3 years of civil / highway design experience
• Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
• Knowledge of Microstation, and InRoads
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• The ability to travel (up to 10-25%) across North America.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Transportation, Construction, Civil Engineer, Wastewater, Engineering
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs