Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Description: Curious where the nation is going with Overhead Persistent Infrared?
Join Lockheed Martin’s team that crafts and builds the current and future generation of space systems that creatively combines satellite technology, sophisticated sensors, and data processing to provide crucial global infrared data 24/7. This mission advises Presidential decisions and defends the US and its allies in a rapidly evolving environment. Help us advance our OPIR designs and deliver survivable satellites with nuclear-hardened electronics, sophisticated communications, resiliency and cyber security.
OPIR is a mission area where you can make big things happen and solve some of the country’s hardest problems. Come join a team that has a vision for the future of space and knows what it takes to get there.
Lockheed Martin is looking for an energetic and high performing E2E Systems Engineer to join the SBIRS team in Denver, Colorado. This position is in support of the SBIRS program, responsible for testing interfaces with various USSF and Joint organizations and their supporting contractors. As an end to end tester you will be part of a team and will define the scope of testing necessary to demonstrate ITW/AA System Certification. You will conduct mission scenario and recorded live event playback for performance and functionality evaluations; integrate and evaluate delivered capabilities.
In this role you will:
• Develop test approaches objectives and procedures
• Collect vital test data and conduct analysis of test data to support objective assessment
• Provide technical support and information to government personnel performing operations, operational test, and assist engineering teams in troubleshooting efforts
Travel along the Front Range of Colorado will be required
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with testing and problem solving for integrated systems
• Experience developing and executing test plans
• Current Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
• Experience with OPIR and/or SBIRS mission processing and E2E testing
• Ability to interact with hardware and software developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences of varying technical knowledge
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
• Current Top Secret / SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs