HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Paramedic PRN in Derry, New Hampshire
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Parkland Medical Center, an 86-bed acute care facility, is located in the heart of Derry, New Hampshire. We are a Trauma III facility that offers a wide range of services such as heart and vascular care, robotics surgery, interventional spine and pain care, and behavioral health. Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
*401K *(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
*Academic Assistance *and *Reimbursements *for Tuition and Student Loans
*Employee Discounts *including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health & Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
*Short Term *& *Long Term Disability *coverage
*Legal Benefits *and lots more!
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Paramedic to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
*Position Summary: *The paramedic is a member of the healthcare team assisting in the care of emergency department patients under the guidance and direction of the Emergency Department Medical Director and the general supervision of the Emergency Department Director and in accordance with the standards of care and practice delineated by the State of New Hampshire Medical Control Boards’ Paramedic Patient Care Protocols. The paramedic provides age-appropriate individualized care under the guidance of the RN and follows physician orders for protocols, medications and diagnostic tests.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Reception, rapid initial assessment and vital signs on arriving patients
- Answers EMS radio calls and relays information to provider and Charge RN
- Inserts airway adjuncts and administers oxygen therapy,
- End tidal CO2 monitoring
- Oropharynx and endotracheal suctioning
- Cardiac monitoring including 12 lead EKG and vital signs
- Assists with defibrillation, cardioversion and transcutaneous pacing
- Performs intravenous access including intraosseous lines and venipuncture
- Assists physician/provider with central line insertions, lumbar punctures, chest tube insertion, needle thoracotomy, endotracheal intubation, thoracentesis, arterial line insertion and suturing
- Medication administration, on the approved medication list, as described by policy
- Finger stick glucose testing
- Collectsspecimens for POC moderately complex testing according to established policies and procedures
- PerformsPOC moderately complex testing according to established policies and procedures
- Performsand documentsinstrument maintenance; performsquality control according to established procedures;troubleshootsinstruments effectively, when appropriate
- Splints extremity injuries using pre-formed devices
- Transports patients to receiving units
- Stocks supplies and equipment
- Checks outdates of supplies on carts and in drawers
- Maintains equipment including daily/monthly checks as established
- Cleans and prepares patient rooms
- Accurate and timely communication regarding patient care issues or patient status changes
- Accurate and timely documentation of care
- Communicates effectively with physicians, other providers, patients and families.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Required:Graduate of an accredited School of Paramedicine with recent critical care experience and National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians – Paramedic; AmericanHeart Association BLS; CPI within 3 months of hire; American Heart Association ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
- Preferred:Associates Degree; minimum of 3 years of clinical paramedic experience and NH EMS Provider License EMT – Paramedic
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Paramedic PRN
Location: New Hampshire-Derry-Parkland Medical Center - Derry
Requisition ID: 00636-6379