HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker Behavioral Health Unit in Derry, New Hampshire
Parkland Medical Center
Parkland Medical Center is proud to provide all the care you need close to home in its 86-bed, Level III Trauma hospital in Derry, New Hampshire. Through our partnerships withThe Lahey Hospital & Medical Centerand theNew England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we’re proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
Why work at Parkland Medical Center?
Social Worker – Behavioral Health Unit
Position Summary:As a Social Worker in BHU, you will plan, organize, direct, define and coordinate clinical services necessary to meet the legal, organizational, medical staff and regulatory agencies guidelines. In this job you will provide case management, education, group and individual therapy, and discharge planning. Performs community and educational activities.
- Conducts individual, group and family sessions for patients as indicated patient treatment plan.
- Facilitate identified support groups to meet the needs of patients/families as indicated by medical record.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Participates in the QA process as evidenced by audits and attendance records.
- Participates in development of master treatment plans and updates.
- Attends patient treatment planning meetings and reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Active participation in the planning and execution of treatment regimes.
- Completes a psychosocial assessment within for each patient within designated time frame
- Participates in discharge planning and aftercare planning.
- Makes necessary contacts with community resources to ensure continuity of care.
- Plans and arranges admission to special care facilities as indicated by physician’s request/needs.
- Assures completion of continuing plan of care, and facilitates transmission of same to next level of care.
- Documents according to policies and procedures.
- Assures completion of patient outcomes on admission and discharge.
- Assures contact with family members when families are available.
- Documents all clinical sessions held with patient/family members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required and or assigned by Program Director.
- Assist with referral development and community education activities
- Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Attendance: works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Clinical Mental Health Counseling from an accredited school.
Tuition Reimbursement Program(up to $5,250/calendar year)
Student Loan Assistance Program
- Minimum of 2-4 yearsof experience in social services or case management
- Thorough understanding of psychopathology, family dynamics, and milieu dynamics.
- Ability to implement multiple therapeutic techniques to meet patient goals and facilitate recovery process.
- A firm background in social service practice, patient aftercare and discharge planning.
_LICENSURE and CERTIFICATIONS:_
- Preferred: LCISW
- BLS (American Heart Association or Red Cross)
- CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention within 30 days of hire
- HCA will payfor certification renewals once employed
AtHCA,you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
CLICK HERE_ _to learn more about HCA’s Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Intrigued?*We’d love to hear from you!*
/"We are anequal opportunity employerand wevalue diversityat our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."/
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Social Worker Behavioral Health Unit
Location: New Hampshire-Derry-Parkland Medical Center - Derry
Requisition ID: 00636-5975