Cardinal Health Outbound Warehouse Supervisor (2nd Shift) in Detroit, Michigan
Shift: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 3:00pm until completion
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Paid time off plan
Health savings account (HSA)
401k savings plan
Access to wages before pay day with myFlexPay
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Short- and long-term disability coverage
Paid parental leave
Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 4/12/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Operations for functional success
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff.
- Administers and executes policies and procedures.
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines.
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers.
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers, and peer groups at various management levels.
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution.
- Actively builds relationships across functions/businesses that bring value to the company.
- 3-5 years supervisor/management role or related experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize and resolve complex issues. Proficient in analytical and problem-solving processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage a team effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; experience with SAP, Kronos, and other enterprise-level software is preferred.
- Available to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Manage, motivate, and supervise warehouse associates to achieve timely distribution and receipt of product and ensure that predetermined productivity and quality standards are met.
- Monitor productivity, adhere to budgetary guidelines, and work to meet Distribution Center objectives and operational goals while maintaining standards pertaining to quality.
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of the work force to ensure proper staffing to select, replenish, restock, locate and ship merchandise in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Coordinate with freight forwarders to schedule timely pickups of international freight shipments.
- Ensures that the customers receive high-quality service and that customer correspondence, complaints, and inquiries regarding merchandise shipment and stock-on-hand are promptly addressed.
- Develops and implements improvements to enhance the level of service provided to customers.
- Hold employees accountable for performing work in a safe manner. Ensure the warehouse employees have the equipment necessary to perform distribution functions safely and efficiently.
- Provide support for a culture that strives for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate maintenance of equipment, guiding both preventive maintenance and coordinating all necessary repairs
- Recommend and implement programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization.
- Maintains general responsibility for disciplinary process in counseling, oral and written warnings; insures a productive work climate in the warehouse operation.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions and services; manage monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Ensures that accurate attendance/PTO records and scheduling are maintained.
- Responsible for Cardinal Health compliance and regulations concerning OSHA, DEA, FDA, State, and local authorities; primary facility contacts for QRA compliance and initiatives.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs