Cargill First Line Production Supervisor in Dodge City, Kansas
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The 206 Harvest Supervisor will lead all production and operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. In this role, you will ensure safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met.
• Directly operate or supervise the operation of the whole production line, lead all staff in the shift, including contract workers
• Monitor and maintain proper safety requirements in the shift to ensure the safety of the staff.
• Monitor and maintain the quality to ensure the products meet the required standards.
• Provide training to the staff on relevant environmental health and safety requirements to ensure that all staff are trained in accordance with regulations.
• You will have some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions, and much of your time is spent completing the same tasks as the subordinate employees.
• Other duties as assigned
*The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR minimum one year of directly related work experience
• Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels in the plant
• One year of supervisory experience
• Minimum of two years of experience in production and warehouse management
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs