Cardinal Health Data & Analytics Internship (Summer 2024) in Dublin, Ohio
The Summer Internship Program allows students the opportunity to work on meaningful, business-essential projects that will give them the hands-on experience they need to build a solid foundation for their future. The program targets undergraduate students between their junior and senior year, and acts as a pipeline for full-time employment. As an intern, students will have the opportunity to participate in a formalized program, designed to increase knowledge of Cardinal Health and the healthcare industry, as well as develop essential leadership skills and interview for full-time employment upon successful completion of the internship program.
Locations: Dublin, Ohio (Additional locations may be available based on business needs. Applicants must be open to relocation.)*
Start Date: May 20 or 28, 2024
Hours: Approximately 40 hours a week for a minimum of 10 weeks
*Assistance with temporary housing is provided for students not local to the internship location.
Why Choose the Cardinal Health Summer Internship Program?
Experience: Interns work with Cardinal Health professionals, business partners, customers and vendors on impactful projects in addition to daily work. To enhance leadership skills, each intern also participates on a planning committee. At the end of the summer, each intern will showcase their work in a presentation to business leaders.
Networking: Interns learn from key business leaders through the “Executive Speaker Series”. They also have the opportunity to network with other professionals through formal and informal networking events.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Maintaining and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment is essential to Cardinal Health. Diversity is more than gender and ethnicity, it is what’s different and unique about each of us, and how our differences shape our workplace. We strive to ensure that every employee feels welcomed, supported, and valued as a vital part of our organization. Interns have access to our 7 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) where employees can find a place to share interests, passions, and ideas that help us engage more effectively with our global customers and workforce.
Development: Interns participate in a formal one-on-one mentoring program. Interns will connect with employees across the business and participate in professional workshops to enhance their business acumen. They are also able to explore full-time career paths throughout their internship experience.
Camaraderie: The internship program offers social, teambuilding, and community service events to help interns build a solid network of peers.
As a Data & Analytics Intern , you could potentially support the organization in several of the following ways:
- Integrate customer analytical views across sales, finance, operations, customer service, etc.
- Analyze and identify trends and establish opportunities for business impact
- Support business objectives and projects by developing and presenting analytical insights
- Develop, analyze and prepare reports to support strategic initiatives
- Create dynamic data visualizations to support data driven decision making
- Utilize advanced analytical methods to reduce costs or increase revenue
- Catalog, reconcile, and curate data and analytical processes to enable more effective insight generation
- Miscellaneous data and analytical requests to support agile business processes
Accountabilities in this role:
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Quality and results orientation with a proactive approach
- Ability to prioritize requests effectively and understand importance and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with moderate level of direction
- Must be willing to adapt to shifting requirements or priorities
For consideration in the Cardinal Health summer 2024 internship program, you must meet a combination of the following requirements:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any analytical, data science or quantitative degree or a related field, preferred
- Expected graduation of winter 2024 or spring 2025, preferred
- Experience with programming languages and analytical tools, preferred (Alteryx, PowerBI, Python, R, SAS, SQL, Tableau)
- Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills
- Participation in extracurricular activities, community organizations and/or professional associations
- Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
To learn more about Cardinal Health and the Internship Program visit cardinalhealth.com/college.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs