Cardinal Health Director, Content Strategy and Social Media in Dublin, Ohio
JOB TITLE: Director, Content Strategy and Social Media
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
As part of Cardinal Health’s Enterprise Marketing team, the Director, Content Strategy and Social Media will be the leader who designs Cardinal Health’s strategy for content creation and amplification as well as establishing and leading Cardinal Health’s social media strategy.
- Establish and lead both the content strategy and social media strategy for Cardinal Health
- Working with marketing and communications colleagues, establish the thematic pillars which will drive strategic content marketing for the entire company
- Be the chief storyteller of Cardinal Health, working with the team to hold editorial meetings, mine the company for stories and insights, and package them into engaging content that can be distributed across digital channels
- Turn complex topics into compelling stories and align them with the company’s thematic pillars
- Work with internal and agency partners (including videographers, graphic artists, and video editors) on story briefings, planning process, and ultimately creating compelling content across a variety of channels (e.g., video, podcast, newsletter, social media, long-form written, infographics, etc.)
- Ensure content strategy and social media programs work hard to highlight corporate messaging, businesses, corporate responsibility efforts, and the people of Cardinal Health
- Establish a social media strategy (both organic and paid) for Cardinal Health which includes strategic distribution of content representing the brand’s thematic pillars, paid social, social governance framework, and determining the appropriate social media ecosystem for Cardinal Health
- Collaborate with digital marketing colleagues to create robust marketing plans across social and digital to accomplish company objectives with key audiences
- Evaluate existing and emerging platforms and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Build, lead and manage a team and engage agency partners to support all content creation and social media efforts
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provide leadership to managers and experienced professional staff
- Manage an organizational budget
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assist in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interact with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuade others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
- Define and implement SOPs and SLAs based on capabilities, resources, and demand
- Executive level communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism or Communications
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years experience in Content Creation and Social Media
- Strong experience directing the creation of video content
- Experience leading social media efforts across multiple platforms at a major brand and/or publisher
- Experience working in a newsroom preferred
- Knowledge of social media publishing platforms (e.g. Sprinklr, Hootsuite) and social listening tools (e.g., Crimson Hexagon, Netbase)
- Ability to create an environment where all are encouraged to constructively challenge ideas/decisions
- High energy, sense of urgency, decisiveness and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong executive presence; at ease guiding senior leadership through content creation process
- Familiarity with the latest trends and tools for high quality video and data visual production
- Stays up-to-date on best practices shaping the digital and content marketing landscape
- Sharp understanding and point of view on social media trends. Follows leading blogs, thought leaders and stays abreast of the latest content, product and marketing trends in social.
- Creative visual storytelling skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and multitasking skills
- Excellent writing and analytical abilities
- Strong understanding of social media marketing strategy and the entire social marketing mix – paid, organic, owned and earned.
- Early adopter of new and emerging social media platforms – passionate about both being a user/consumer of social content as well as analyst/strategist.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs