Cardinal Health Director, Software Engineering - Supply Chain Logistics in Dublin, Ohio
The Director, Software Engineering – Supply Chain Logistics will recruit and manage the technical team, strategy, and solutions supporting the Cardinal Health enterprise Logistics Center of Excellence function. This IT team is being newly created. They will support solutions in transportation management, dynamic route planning and optimization, freight payment and audit, backhaul optimization, delivery visibility, carrier management, data and analytics, and more.
As the technical leader of this space, this Director will also partner with key business leaders in Logistics and across the supply chain to create strategies, evaluate solution options, and implement technical solutions to meet business capability needs. He/She will embrace agile methodologies to ensure Cardinal Health capitalizes on the ever-changing innovations in the industry to deliver world class service at optimized cost. They will also own key relationships with solution partners.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
- Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques, especially agile software development methodologies and Lean and Six-Sigma business practices
- Demonstrates fluency in software languages, data flow and architecture and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Understands the technology landscape and helps to evaluate and implement solutions to drive the business forward
- Manages the budget for the Logistics IT team and its portfolio of solutions
- Bachelors and Advanced Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years experience in related field preferred
- Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to set technology direction and oversee successful delivery and/or support of technology solutions preferred
- Experience with and deep understanding of Lean and Agile software development methodologies preferred
- Experience with transportation / supply chain / logistics solutions preferred
- Experience with integration between inventory, logistics, warehouse systems, SAP and related integration preferred
- Should have experience with product development and large project management
- Should have passion for and deep expertise in supply chain and logistics processes and technologies
- Health care industry and / or regulatory track and trace knowledge and experience a plus
- Should have experience with IT strategy, planning and program delivery
- Large team leadership and mentorship expected
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff and will also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy; ownership of the technical strategy for products
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Partners with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
- Travel to distribution centers, transportation provider locations, conferences, and solution partner sites expected (10 to 20%+)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs