Cardinal Health Senior Advisor, IT Security and Controls Lead in Dublin, Ohio
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company connecting patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 40,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
We currently have a full-time job opening for a Senior Advisor, IT Security and Controls Lead to support IT Shared Services, Data Platform and Corporate Application Services.
IT Security and Controls Compliance Lead is a first line of defense role responsible for defining, implementation support and ensuring effective execution of IT general controls within IT Shared Services. This resource will work closely with IT managers and leaders in both the Data Platform and Corporate Application Services teams to support risk management initiatives and IT controls compliance. They will also partner with and support initiatives from the Information Security and Risk Management teams.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with IT leaders to design effective IT controls to manage risk and ensure compliance with regulations (e.g., SOX, HIPAA, GDPR)
- Design IT controls that increases operational efficiency and reduces the likelihood of control failure (e.g., automated and preventative controls vs. manual and detective)
- Define business cases for the investment in new capabilities (e.g. advanced identity management solutions) that improve the overall IT controls environment
- Evaluate execution of IT controls to ensure they are operating effectively
- Provide support for third party certifications such as SOC 1, SOC 2 and HITRUST
- Align with internal and external audit to understand SOX compliance processes
- Track and drive remediation of IT control issues within our IT risk governance process
- Act as a liaison for Internal Audit
- Act as a champion to raise awareness and promote a mindset focused on IT controls and compliance
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the information security and risk management department to ensure alignment with existing compliance, risk management and information security activities
- Advanced experience in related field preferred
- Strong understanding and experience with SOX and/or other regulatory compliance processes
- Background in IT technologies and concepts including networks, databases, middleware, interfaces, and applications
- Experience with IT risk governance software (i.e. Archer, AuditBoard, ServiceNow GRC) a plus
- IT auditing experience or an IT risk governance/compliance background a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently verbally and written with IT personnel, external auditors, consultants, and other company personnel
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of risk, compliance and IT general controls
- Propose technical and / or process solutions to a wide range of problems
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs