HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Activity Therapist - Part Time in Dulles, Virginia
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Located outside of Washington, DC in the historic Loudoun County, StoneSprings Hospital Center, a 124-bed acute care facility, lies in an area full of attractions including historic parks, horseback riding, dining, shopping, and more! StoneSprings Hospital Center is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, which is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S where healthcare opportunities are almost unlimited!
StoneSprings Hospital Center has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and holds accreditation from the Joint Commission. Most importantly, StoneSprings Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
/Our patients are our priority, but so are _you_!/
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Activity Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Facilitates activity therapy groups and provides individual activity therapy as indicated.
- Provides initial and ongoing activities assessment for patients/families having complex psychosocial needs, mental health illness and/or substance abuse needs.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary treatment team and develops treatment goals and plans interventions that assist the patient and family to resolve psychosocial concerns that may arise as a result of illnesses, engagement in high risk social behaviors (i.e. substance abuse), limited finances and/or physical disabilities.
- In consultation with the Clinical Services Manager, applies the rules of Severity of Illness, Intensity of Service, and Discharge Indicators consistently in evaluating medical necessity.
- As needed, with qualifying credentials, performs Kohlman Evaluation of Living Skills (KELS) assessment.
- Documents activity assessments, treatment goals, interventions and outcomes, in the patient’s medical record congruent with departmental policies.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends related to care coordination issues through attendance and active participation in continuing education and professional organizations.
- Manages safety and orderliness of activity therapy work/group areas and other patient and visitor areas and maintains appropriate quantity and variety of activity therapy supplies.**
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensure in expressive and/or recreational therapy
Master’s Degree in related field of study (MS, MA, MSW, MOT) including but not limited to:Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Activities Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Addiction Counseling, Alcohol & Drug Counseling.
Equivalent of one year successful activity therapy in BH setting or 2 years occupational therapy in a healthcare setting.
BLS from an approved agency within 90 days of hire/transfer
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certification within 60 days of hire/transfer
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Activity Therapist - Part Time
Location: Virginia-Dulles-Stone Springs Hospital Center
Requisition ID: 26630-22060