Northrop Grumman Thermal/Mechanical Engineer, Staff (Top Secret) - Tactical Space Systems in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a Staff Mechanical/Thermal Analysis Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers performing mechanical and structural analysis on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Performing thermal analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products.
• Analyzing requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems.
• Selecting applicable analytical data from previous products and determine the technical principles involved.
• Mathematically defining problems and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the products.
• Releasing results as "technical documents" after review by the senior members of the team.
• Developing innovative solutions and elaborating on design concepts.
• Evaluating completed designs with supervisor and other technical groups, and making modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
• Developing, coordinating, and conducting test programs required to evaluate design work.
Job Category : Engineering
- Northrop Grumman Jobs