Lockheed Martin Electrical / Hardware Research Engineer in Eagan, Minnesota
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is the advanced computing asset of Lockheed Martin Corporation – a global enterprise with core businesses in systems integration, space, aeronautics, and technology services. The mission at the Advanced Technology Laboratories is to enhance the Corporation’s competitive edge. We are a group of professionals who develop and apply “cutting edge” technologies. We perform applied research in advanced signal processing, physics, acoustics and optical, wireless and networking.
This assignment involves the modeling, simulation, design, fabrication, and test of photonic systems, RF systems, and/or advanced computing systems. Candidates will lead and partake in small, focused development teams in order to create real world solutions using scientific first principles into innovative designs for applied technologies.
In this role you will utilize theoretical and practical proficiencies with electrical engineering principles and tools while working closely in a cross functional team with mechanical engineers and firmware/software developers. Prior experience with complex digital, analog, and/or mixed signal circuit design and analysis is required. Proficiency with commercial circuit analysis, simulation, and schematic capture tools is required. Basic knowledge of C, C++, or Python is preferred. Hands on experience with photonics and/or high frequency RF systems is preferred.
Candidates would work on one or more of the following topics:
* Architecture and requirements definition for electronics and circuit card assemblies supporting DoD research and development activities.
* Design, testing and integration of high performance ruggedized photonic/fiber optic systems
* Lead or support modeling and simulation efforts related to these systems
* Lead or support electrical design efforts related to these systems
* Provide technical support to business capture teams
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of electronic circuits and components.
- Prior experience with complex digital, analog, and/or mixed signal circuit design and analysis
- Proficiency with commercial circuit analysis, simulation, and schematic capture tools
- Prior experience in the fabrication, checkout, debug, and test of complex digital and/or analog circuit card assemblies
- Working knowledge of C, C++, or Python
- Hands on experience with photonics and/or high frequency RF systems
- Prior experience in an R&D environment
- Prior experience with DoD systems / programs
- Working knowledge of device packaging technologies
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs