Lockheed Martin Aircraft Maintenance Support Engineer (Mid-Career Level), F-35 Program in Edwards Air Force Base, California
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics team as an Aircraft Maintenance Support Engineer on our F-35 Program at Edwards Air Force Base facility in California! This position will assist the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in managing general services, repairs, and overhauls of aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure that aircraft are in good mechanical condition and safe for flight. The primary responsibility involves researching and providing engineering data from all applicable Lockheed Martin databases for the Field Service Representative, the Flight Test Control Engineer, Aircraft Supervisor and mechanics and technicians as required.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensures Good House keeping and safety practices are enforced. Will direct periodic inspections, general overhaul and repairs or modifications requiring replacement and/or assembly of parts as directed by the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor.
• Provides technical assistance and creates work-orders in the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS).
• Will operate Personal Maintenance Aids (PMA) in support of aircraft maintenance and operations.
• Assist Aircraft Supervisor in providing daily tasking to multiple maintenance disciplines in an integrated workforce environment that consists of Military, Government Civil Service, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Pratt and Whitney, General Electric and BAE systems employees.
• Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must possess at minimum an Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to starting. Must be able to obtain a Final Secret Security Clearance.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• 5 years aircraft maintenance experience.
• Must have been previously awarded an Air Force, Marine, or Navy 7 to 9 level discipline skill level rating or possess equivalent civilian experience with associated credential such as a Licensed FAA “Airframe and Power plant" or Inspector Airframe license.
• Avionics, Structures or APG experience.
• Multi-system aircraft trained.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software programs.
• Experience reading engineering drawings, blueprints and interpret/translate instructions to specific maintenance mechanics/technicians.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Flight test experience.
• Bachelors degree in a related discipline
• Working knowledge of such programs as Hazardous Waste Management, Safety, Training, FOD, Security, Supply Chain Management, or Time Accounting.
• Experience with JDL, JTD in ALIS, PDM, JEDI
• Strong avionics background is a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs