Lockheed Martin Avionics Technician - 2nd Shift in Edwards Air Force Base, California
Description: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, home of the world-renowned Skunk Works®, turns visionary aircraft into reality and is known for building the finest military aircraft in the world. This recognition is continually earned through our commitment to relentless research and development of high-performance aircraft, continuously seeking innovative, low-cost design and manufacturing strategies, and delivering operational readiness for our customers' missions to ensure continued relevancy for the life cycle of our products.
Services, repairs, and overhauls aircraft avionics systems to ensure airworthiness. Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft avionics systems, such as comm/nav, attack avionics, electronic warfare, flight instruments, sniper targeting pod system, and flight control systems. Determines feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components and assist with Periodic Inspections. Replaces or repairs worn or damaged components. Work typically requires a detailed understanding of the interrelationships of circuits. Will provide technical guidance and OJT to customer technicians.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS/INFO: Must have strong communications and interpersonal skills. Must have or be able to rapidly secure a DOD secret clearance. Regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead. This position requires frequent standing for long periods, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, crawling, and twisting.
*Must be a US Citizen
* Must be able to work any Shift
* SECURITY Clearance REQUIRED. Must possess or have the ability to acquire an interim clearance to start, AND maintain clearance thereafter.
- Verifiable flight line experience is required.
- Experience with progressive and documented experience in the fighter aircraft maintenance environment and be able to provide documented qualifications in related maintenance fields.
- Experience as an Avionics Technician (F-16 preferred)
- Experience with electronic and mechanical systems/components on the fighter aircraft at the organizational level of maintenance.
- Aircraft Mechanic / Aircraft craftsman A&P Lic.
- ILIAS database user
- A strong understanding of the maintenance process
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs