Lockheed Martin Flight Test Data Processing Engineer (Entry Level) in Edwards Air Force Base, California
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Lockheed Martin is seeking an engineering professional to join its Flight Test Data Operations group at Edwards AFB in support of flight test of the F-16 Fighter.
Successful candidate will function as a Data Processing Engineer for Flight Test activity at the Combined Test Force (CTF), Edwards Air Force Base, CA. Position is primarily tasked with supporting daily flight test data center operations by preparing and post-processing flight test data products.
Supporting tasks include:
• Receive, process and troubleshoot IRIG 106 formatted data products per established processes.
• Coordinate with Instrumentation Engineering, Operations Engineering, IT administration, and leadership on issues, status and capabilities.
• Diagnosis and resolution of problems encountered in the recovery of test data.
• Develop, test, and troubleshoot data processing algorithms for aircraft data.
• Support IT assignments as required.
At this level the successful candidate will expected to be familiar with the data processing field and be familiar with server system administration and desktop support. The candidate will continue actively work to expand his or her knowledge of the discipline and of specific tasking.
**Second Shift, overtime, travel, and weekend work may be required to support mission and staffing needs.
Candidate must have the communication, organization, and planning skills to handle a highly dynamic flight test environment.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
A level 1 employee Typically has 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
**Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.**
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
- Bachelors degree or Flight Test Data processing experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
In this position you will gain experience with the following items. Any previous experience with these items is desirable:
- An active Security+ Certification.
- Experience working in a Flight Test organization.
- Hardware and/or software programming experience.
- Experience working with IRIG Standard 106 including Chapter 10 (recorded data) and Chapter 9 (TMATS).
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Teletronics Corporation (TTC) hardware and software.
- Symvionics IADS (Interactive Analysis and Display System) use and programming.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) regulations and operating procedures.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of working with communications protocols, Specifically Fiber Channel, MIL-STD-1553, IEE-1394, CAIS Bus (Common Airborne Instrumentation System Bus), RS-485.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Experience with IT infrastructure operations, computer networking, and/or software programming concepts.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs