Lockheed Martin Quality Engineering Associate Manager in Englewood, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Hypersonic Strike Weapons Systems (HSWS) program area has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineering Associate Manager based in Denver, Colorado supporting the Strategic Missile Defense line of business. The HSWS program area is fast-growing segment of SMD, providing a great opportunity for personal career growth as well as helping providing critical systems for national defense.
In this Quality Engineering leadership role you will be providing direct support to the HSWS program area, including functional support for analysis of quality data to drive overall process quality improvements, facilitation of root cause analysis, driving preventative and corrective activities, performing process audits, and coaching and mentoring the current Quality team. In addition, the Asc. Quality Manager will provide Quality resources for supporting proposals, First Article Inspections, contract reviews, production start-up support, development, transition to production, production, and life-cycle support. This position will require a detailed understanding of quality tasks as they pertain to production hardware, systems, suppliers/subcontractors, source inspections, and customer support.
Responsible for assisting and coordinating employee recruitment, selection, training, performance assessment, assigning work and the administration of recognition/disciplinary actions. Lead all aspects of collaboration with supply chain, engineering and manufacturing/ATLO functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Supervises the audit of quality systems for deficiency identification and corrective actions. Supports Corrective Action Boards (CABs) and defect reduction. Interface with other functions and key stakeholders/customers including Enterprise, Production Operations, Program Management, Engineering, and DCMA.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (engineering field) or equivalent discipline (math, physics, chemistry, etc)
• Project, Program, and/or Engineering team leadership experience
• Strong communications skills (written and verbal), including ability to deliver presentations to customers and executives
• Working knowledge of PR/MRB process
• Understanding of Quality Engineering principles, including root cause and corrective action analyses, process improvement, and AS9100
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Proven track record managing Quality Assurance efforts in accordance with LM Space requirements
• Strong skills in root cause analysis methodologies and demonstrated experience in the development and evaluation of effective preventive/corrective action plans
• Green belt/black belt certification and demonstrated successful project completions
• Inclusive and customer focused behavior and problem-solving abilities, developing employees, building constructive partnering relationships with customers, employees, enterprise, and other business units
• Experience working on spacecraft or missile systems
• Experience with First Article Inspection
• SAP Experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs