Lockheed Martin Sr. Electronics Engineer, Avionics, Hypersonics in Englewood, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Englewood CO !
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As an Electronics Engineer , you will lead the development of a sophisticated state-of-the-art Avionics for a hypersonics product in a world class Integrated Product Development environment.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Perform as a Responsible Product Engineer for the development of flight avionics.
• Lead design reviews, Engineering Material Review Board (EMRB) hardware discrepancy decisions and Failure Review Board (FRB) as required.
• Resolve test anomalies and troubleshooting, and generation, review and presentation of Product Certification, and also support system level testing.
• Manage risk and identify mitigation plans to meet productivity, quality, cost, schedule, and mission success objectives.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
• Worked as a Responsible Product Engineer / Product Lead of analog and digital electronics or similar capacity.
Working with Subcontractors and sub-tier suppliers.
• Familiar with other engineering processes, disciplines and Subject Matter Experts.
• Familiarity with processes on failure investigation (root cause analysis, Failure Review Boards, etc.).
• Experience assisting with as-built pedigree and quality documentation reviews.
• Experience supporting the technical evaluation of design and requirements verification.
• Experience in different phases of aerospace electronic component development cycle.
• Experience interacting with peers, management and government customers.
• Proficient in presentations and in written communication skills.
For this position, you will typically have:
• 5 - 9 years of professional experience for this role.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance , thus you are a US Citizen .
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Demonstrated circuit design/analysis understanding.
• System/Subsystem and/or Hardware (Unit/Assembly/Component) design, integration, test, and/or verification experience.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance, thus you are a US Citizen.
• Demonstrated understanding of Electrical or Electronics theories and principles
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, and experience presenting to peers, leadership, and/or customers
• Must be adaptable to new situations and demonstrate self-initiative in solving complex problems.
• Experienced at leading teams through challenging engineering and/or programmatic issues
• Ability to interpret and create electrical schematics in tools such as Zuken
• Experience in modeling and analysis tools such as OrCAD Pspice and/or Saber
• Development lab experience
• Experience with Test and Measurement Equipment
• Electrical/Electronics design, integration, test, and verification on missile, launch vehicle, and/or satellite programs.
• Experience doing PWB/PCB and CCA design
• Experience in Worst Case Analysis (WCA)
• Experienced at conducting failure analysis on Electronics (CCA, Unit, and System Level)
• Demonstrated ability to identify Root Cause and effectively perform Corrective Actions
• Demonstrated experience related to the design, integration and verification of Electrical Power generation, regulation, and distribution systems.
• Knowledge of Battery Technologies, cell balancing techniques, battery management
• Understanding of Grounding Schemes used on missile, launch vehicle, and/or satellite programs.
• Experience in Special Test Equipment (STE) design and/or utilization
• Understanding of Bus Architectures such as Ethernet, Serial (RS-422, RS-485)
• Knowledge on Telemetry h/w is desired
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs