US Foods Territory Manager - Erie, PA in Erie, Pennsylvania
ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and manage established as well as new customers, by selling food and non-food items to achieve sales and profitability goals. Primary areas of responsibilities are:
• Primary owner of customer relationship
• Selling, and engaging customers in value added activities.
• Leveraging other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
US Foods has a comprehensive training program for the Territory Manager position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Foster the customer relationship in a team based selling model.
• Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (e.g., delivery mis picks, short on loads, stock-outs).
• Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
• Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
• Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Know the market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
• Drive motor vehicle to existing customers, and prospects, to ensure product delivery, which may include lifting/carrying up to 75lbs.
• No direct reports.
• Internal: District Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, VP of Local Sales, Accounting/Credit Department, Merchandising and Marketing, Operations, and Customer Contact.
• External: Customers, vendors, prospective customers.
• Remote: This role is fully remote, and the associate is expected to perform assigned responsibilities from a home-based environment.
• Frequently outside the office environment working in the field in variable weather and temperature conditions
• 1+ year of sales experience preferred.
• Foodservice industry/culinary/restaurant management/hospitality experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities.
• Ability to build internal and external relationships and cold call to develop new business.
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Competitive spirit and results driven mentality.
• Problem solving ability / Organization and negotiation skills.
• Team up mentality to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office products – Experience using Customer relationship management tools preferred (i.e., Salesforce).
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license required & motor vehicle record must be in good standing.
• Must be able to perform the following physical activities for described length of time.
• List the required physical activities including length of time performing each activity referencing the key below.
OCCASIONALLY: 1% - 33 / FREQUENTLY: 34% - 66% / CONTINUOUSLY: 67% - 100% or NEVER
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO: FREQUENCY:
DRIVE VEHICLE FREQUENTLY,
1-10 lbs (Sedentary) FREQUENTLY,
11-20 lbs (Light) FREQUENTLY,
21-50 lbs (Medium) OCCASIONALLY,
51-100 lbs (Heavy) OCCASIONALLY,
Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy) N/A
1-10 lbs (Sedentary) FREQUENTLY
11-20 lbs (Light) FREQUENTLY
21-50 lbs (Medium) OCCASIONALLY,
51-100 lbs (Heavy) N/A,
Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy) N/A,
REACH ABOVE SHOULDER N/A,
GRASP OBJECTS FREQUENTLY,
MANIPULATE OBJECTS FREQUENTLY,
MANUAL DEXTERITY FREQUENTLY
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
Puede ver este sitio de empleo y aplicación en español utilizando la configuración de su navegador o teléfono móvil. Haga clic a continuación para obtener más información.
Microsoft Edge (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/Microsoft_Edge_Spanish_Instructions.pdf)
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 855-873-2468. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.
- US Foods Jobs