HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Support Services in Falls Church, Virginia
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our support services department. Submit your application today!
Our Support Services teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Dominion Hospital has 116 beds/rooms, and as the Director of Adolescent Services this person would be oversees the Adolescent Inpatient Program. The Director is responsible for staffing, supervision, risk management, quality improvement, and related activities. The Director is responsible for milieu management, shift coordination, interdepartmental communication and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. Participates in formulating organization policy, develops and/or reviews procedures essential to the achievement of objectives and the ability to make recommendations to Senior Management.
Directs and manages the operations and activities of the Facilities and EVS departments. Responsible for the overall management of the department's daily operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal, productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives established by HCA and Dominion Hospital. Responsible for staff performance and the accomplishment of departmental responsibilities in accordance with corporate, hospital, department and safety policies and procedures to meet both company and regulatory requirements. The Director oversees all projects, both capital and in-house construction and turnover acceptance.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for Joint Commission compliance, fire safety, emergency management and care standards of the physical facility.
- Manages programs to maintain buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Manages the procurement/generation of all utilities and their distribution systems.
- Coordinates maintenance activities with other Departments in order to ensure safe and efficient operations of the hospital.
- Recommends development of physical facilities and reviews/approves plans of construction.
- Acts as a liaison with contractors, architects, engineers, and material and equipment suppliers.
- Establishes and manages preventative maintenance programs.
- Periodically inspects buildings and utility systems in order to determine need for alterations/repairs.
- May direct safety, fire control, and civil defense programs.
- Manages departmental personnel in conformance with established Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of departmental personnel engages in operation/maintenance of refrigeration, power, heat and cooling systems.
- Supervises installation and repair of new and/or complex equipment.
- Maintains records which give a repair history for all equipment.
- Prepares required departmental budgets.
- Routinely monitors and controls overtime.
- Maintains the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and the appearance of housekeeping areas, and performs regular inspections of resident areas and rooms for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Performs regular inspections of patient, ancillary, and common areas for sanitation, order, safety, and comfortable environment.
- Assures that housekeeping staff follows established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies at all times.
- Inspects storage rooms, utility and janitorial closet, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
- Requisitions all housekeeping supplies and equipment and maintains adequate inventory levels to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Recommends budgetary amounts to meet the equipment and supply needs of the unit.
Communicates with other unit supervisors to adequately plan for housekeeping services and activities.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or similar field.
Licensure:N/A * * Certifications: Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) required as a part of the General Hospital Orientation.
Experience: (Required)Minimum of five (5) years management and maintenance experience, including progressive leadership experience. Three (3) or more years of experience in a facilities management and maintenance role in a hospital or health care setting. (Preferred)Ten (10) or more years of facilities management and maintenance experience, including progressive leadership experience.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director of Support Services
Location: Virginia-Falls Church-Dominion Hospital - Falls Church
Requisition ID: 08409-20363