USG Corporation Production Operator (Quality) - Fort Dodge in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results
- Responsible for changing settings on equipment during changeovers
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers
- Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment
- Responsible for knowing and following all plant, department, and job safety rules. Must maintain an acceptable level of housekeeping in the shop and after completing assigned jobs
Responsible for wearing and using all required PPE (hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc)
Able to work in a manufacturing setting with rotating shifts in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
- Read measuring devices - standard tape measure down to 1/32" and a micrometer down to 0.001".
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Must be able to read, write and possess basic math and science skills.
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications to ensure product compliance.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
- Must be available for overtime and call-ins as required.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Fort Dodge-Quality
Title: Production Operator (Quality) - Fort Dodge
Location: Iowa-Fort Dodge
Requisition ID: FOR10262
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.
- USG Corporation Jobs