Hilton Banquet Houseperson - DoubleTree Fort Lauderdale Galleria in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Responsible for set-up and clean-up of banquet functions. Sets-up tables and chairs to meet the function specifications. Cleans meeting space including washing meeting room walls at beginning of events. Vacuums, sweeps, mops, polishes, wipes other areas clean before during and after events.
What will I be doing?
A Houseperson is responsible for supporting Food and Beverage operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring cleanliness of all areas and maintaining equipment. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet, meeting and conference areas to meet established cleanliness and quality standards
- Cleaning includes, but not limited to, cleaning restrooms, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, cleaning/waxing floors, removing trash, stocking and maintaining supply rooms, reporting maintenance deficiencies for repair/replacement and cleaning and removing spots, insects and debris
- Ensure equipment is in full working order and report any defects
- Project a professional manner to guests and team members
- Assist back of house team when requested
- Able to lift and Push Banquet Equipment
- Assist with set ups to ensure department runs efficiently
- Manage the set up relating to Food and Beverage functions in a timely manner
- Lift/Pull/Push at least 50 pounds
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Attend training provided by the hotel
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Banquet Houseperson - DoubleTree Fort Lauderdale Galleria
Requisition ID: HOT09BFR
- Hilton Jobs