Lockheed Martin Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer-Developer - Level 3 in Fort Worth, Texas
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer/Developer - Level 4
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
A level 4 employee Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
The successful candidate will perform Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) related code development and applications in a High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment. Tasks will include: modernizing existing tools to improve capability, accuracy and efficiency; integrating CFD tools and analysis process into a Digital Thread engineering environment; developing workflows that reduce labor and cycle time and improve analysis accuracy and reliability; and applying codes in support of ADP, F-35, F-22, C-130 and other programs.
This position will require a Secret clearance after
starting, US citizenship is a requirement for
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Fort Worth, TX
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
• CFD Flow Solver and related software development, analysis validation testing, code release and maintenance
• Application of CFD meshing and flow solver tools to solve aerodynamic problems in a parallel, high performance computing environment
• Experience in developing, optimizing, compiling, implementing, and testing multithreaded, multiprocessor performance-oriented software with Message Passing Interface, OpenMP, CUDA or other parallel processing framework.
Ph.D. with a focus on Computational Fluid Dynamics OR a Master’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in CFD software development
• Experience with state-of-the-art parallel computing techniques including distributed computing, algorithm optimization, or benchmarking is highly desired
• Experience with modeling advanced aerodynamics such as hypersonic, aero-optic or turbulent flow (RANS, DES, LES)
• Experience in building, compiling, and debugging complex Fortran (current and legacy versions), C/C++, Python, or similar language code in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience in development, testing, code release and maintenance of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software code
• Experience in software development in GPU based environments
• Strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system
• Ability to provide guidance to other developers on effective use of computational resources (memory, I/O buffering, threads, etc.) in application code
• Demonstrated willingness to diversify skills by staying informed of state-of-the-art developments, experimenting with and championing new technologies and recommending improvements to existing techniques and procedures
• Ability to understand complex engineering principles to effectively communicate with users, understand their work, and translate requirements into software solutions
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs