Lockheed Martin F-35 Air Vehicle Cyber Engineer Staff in Fort Worth, Texas
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
The System Security Engineer candidate is responsible for ensuring that cyber security requirements are properly defined, decomposed, allocated, implemented, and assessed to produce a cyber-resilient security design solution for the target platform (Air System or Weapon System). This includes participating in working groups, design reviews, and formal artifact reviews alongside other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the overall platform; and providing security expertise to ensure that cyber security is considered early in the product development lifecycle.
Applicant is expected to conduct a range of cyber risk analysis and security assessment methods; implement patches and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to address cyber vulnerabilities, feature changes, or obsolescence; develop documentation for specific installations and configurations necessary to obtain Authorizations to Operation (ATOs) in support of program schedules; and contribute to and implement Plans of Actions and Milestones (POAMs) to mitigate open cyber risks.
The ideal candidate will communicate effectively with a range of audiences, technical and non-technical, and will function effectively on an engineering team to create a collaborative and inclusive environment that allows for the establishment of mission goals, itemized planning of tasks, and prioritization of tasks that drives the efficient execution of objectives.
Must be a US citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret clearance updated within the last 6 years to be considered.
A level 4 employee Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Fort Worth, TX
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
•B.S. degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Security, or Information Technology – or equivalent applied experience
•Experience with F-35 Air Vehicle Mission Systems, Embedded Systems &Subsystems.
•Experience utilizing Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG), Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI) 1253, and NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework (RMF) to design and harden information systems commensurate with customer needs
• Experience analyzing, decomposing, and allocating security controls into executable security requirements at the system, sub-system and component level
• Experience with the development and sustainment of real-time embedded systems (avionics systems or similar)
• Experience with secure software development concepts (e.g. static code analysis, dynamic code analysis, STIG/SRG hardening, etc.) as applied to high-level programming languages (C, C++, Java)
• Experience developing security architecture representations (e.g. Accreditation Boundaries, Physical Diagrams, Logical Diagrams, Functional Diagrams, and Rack Layouts), system design modeling (UML, SysML, Rhapsody, MagicDraw), as well as requirements management
• Experience with engineering change processes and/or configuration control processes
• Experience developing and maintaining core security documentation artifacts for A&A Packages including Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), System Security Plan (SSP) and/or Information Assurance Standard Operating Procedures (IA SOP), Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and Risk Assessment Report (RAR)
• IASAE Level II – IAW 8570 or higher certification (CASP+ CE, CISSP, CSSLP)
• Experience with Real-Time Embedded Operating Systems (e.g. GreenHills INEGRITY, LynxOS, VxWorks, Yocto)
• Knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
• Background/knowledge working with information systems/environments that utilize the Open Mission Systems (OMS) standard and Universal Command and Control Standards Initiative (UCI) message set
• Experience developing certification test procedures (CTPs) and executing customer witnessed security assessments utilizing NIST 800-53A assessment methods
• Expertise/knowledge in both compliance testing and penetration testing methodologies.
• Experience with Agile project management tools (JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
• Experience with DoD 5205.07 V1-4: SAPF manuals and applying it to engineered solutions.
• Must be willing to mentor junior-level team members
• Experience conducting technical trade studies and assessments
• Experience with creating and presenting technical information to senior-level executives and customers
• Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Proficient technical writing skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent communication skills (written and verbal communications) and have the ability to work in a dynamic work environment
• Experience working in an aerospace design environment with exposure to DoD customers and their accrediting authorities.
• Ability to travel as required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs