Lockheed Martin L1455:Aeronautical Engineering Mgr Mass Properties in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: Aeronautical Engineering Manager Mass Properties - Level 5
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
In this position, you will lead the Fort Worth Weight Management and Control Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Managing and controlling the mass properties (weight, center-of-gravity, inertia) of all F-35 and Integrated Fighter Group (IFG) products throughout the programs’ life cycle phases (Development, Production, Sustainment)
2) Executing the F-35 and IFG programs’ Air Vehicle Weight Control and Mass Properties Management plans
3) Establishing / directing the establishment of operating concepts, tailored processes, procedures and priorities to meet program and customer mass properties requirements
4) Managing team cost and technical schedule performance
5) Championing F-35 and IFG weight control efforts and providing program management with timely weight status, trend analysis and risk assessments to support weight, cost and performance decisions
6) Ensuring the technical integrity of F-35 and IFG mass properties products
7) Serving as the Weight and Balance Authority to qualify Aircraft Weight and Balance personnel to meet DCMA and DoD requirements
8) Ensuring the availability and adequacy of facilities and Mass Properties measuring equipment
9) Serving as the primary Point of Contact / technical interface with the Customer for the F-35 and IFG Weight Management and Control teams
Functional leader duties include:
• Development and execution of workforce competency strategies to manage and grow a skilled mass properties workforce
• Oversight and integration of performance management for team members
• Leading the team to deliver positive experiences that shape employee beliefs, and recognition and reward of behaviors and actions that lead to positive business results
• Creating, supporting, and rewarding an agile team environment that enables innovation, and inclusion
A level 5 employee Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Fort Worth, TX
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. This position requires a Final Secret Clearance to start.
‒ Experience and proficiency in Mass Properties Control and Management Integration and Leadership for one or more military aircraft program life cycle phases (Development, Production, Sustainment).
‒ Experience with application of weight control methods and processes to enable new or improved vehicle capabilities.
‒ Experience providing cost, technical, and schedule direction in a aircraft development environment.
‒ Military aircraft experience and product knowledge.
‒ Experience with key U.S.A.F. and/or U.S. Navy and U.S. Marines customers and offices that drive weight requirements.
‒ Familiarity with mass properties control and management processes and data management systems.
‒ Excellent technical, communication, and interpersonal skills are required to effectively interact with Integrated Product Teams and Customers to solve complex configuration management and weight control challenges.
‒ Proficiency in MS Office tools.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs