HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager Emergency Management in Fort Worth, Texas
Manager of Emergency Management & Safety Medical City Fort Worth
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, the Safety/EM Manager is responsible for monitoring compliance of the Physical Environment to include Life Safety, Environment of Care, and Emergency Management.
- Reviews and updates policies and procedures regarding Life Safety, Environment of Care. Oversee policies and processes for Emergency Management the Emergency Management coordinator. Coordinates directly with EOC sub-chapter content experts to ensure compliance with any policy and process regulatory changes.
- Participates in performance improvement and information management activities. Coordinates a multidisciplinary team to conduct ongoing environmental tours of clinical and nonclinical areas. Attends all HCA North Texas Division, Tarrant County, and city EM meetings to ensure community participation and preparedness awareness
- Serves as Chairperson of the Emergency Management committee and Co-chair of the Environment of Care Committee.
- Coordinates and conducts all disaster drills (codes/drills, etc.)
- Assists Director of Facilities in completion of fire and EM drills
- Assists in completing hazard surveillance surveys/rounds, trends data and reports all Emergency Management information to the EOC committee
- Works directly with the Risk Management Director and Infection Control Director to ensure compliance will all corporate mandated programs to fulfill all EM requirements
- Provides education for New Employees, departments, and all staff within the facility regarding regulatory requirements under the physical environment.
- Enforcement of interim life safety plans measures and any measures or requirements associated with Infection Control Risk Assessments and Pre-Construction Risk Assessments.
- Oversee completion of Healthy Work Environment (HWE) corporate requirements.
- Oversees all on-site inspections, assisting inspectors and surveyors in the performance of their duties; provides report as required in follow-up to surveys, inspections and audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Regular attendance required
- Practice within all HCA policies/procedures/practices, laws, standards and regulations.
- Serves internal and external customers
Medical City Fort Worthis licensed for 320 beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services in a wide range of specialties, including cardiac care, neurosciences, oncology, surgical services, orthopedics, kidney transplants and emergency care. Part of the Texas Stroke Institute stroke care network, Medical City Fort Worth is a designated comprehensive stroke center and a Joint Commission chest pain center. Designated Magnet* for nursing excellence, the facility is also a Blue Zones Project workplace. _ _ Benefits:
We are proud to offer: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans Paid Time Off Short Term & Long Term Disability 401K Employee Assistance Program Employee Recognition Programs Discounted tickets at many local attractions Discounts to various retail stores and more….
*CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: * * Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited College or University required. * Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering, Emergency Management, Construction or related field preferred. * CHSP and/or CHEP Certifications Preferred * * *EXPERIENCE: * * Minimum of 3 years of experience with oversight of hospital safety programs to include Environment of Care, Life Safety, and Emergency Management. * Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action, inspect and evaluate the physical condition of the hospital.Must be able to supervise the successful completion of all duties and special projects.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager Emergency Management
Location: Texas-Fort Worth-Med City Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 00073-133477