Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Senior in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: The selected candidate will be a member of the Mission Assurance team under the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Engineering and Technology department located in Fort Worth, Texas. This organization is dedicated to the research and development of protection technologies used on numerous Lockheed Martin Aeronautics programs.
The job entails executing multiple concurrent assignments within a small team where the selected candidate will be responsible for the development of software-level requirements, architecture, design, code, unit tests, and user documentation. Software development tasks encompass both embedded software and user-driven software. The job includes rapid prototyping and development using multiple software IDEs, on multiple operating systems, and in multiple software languages as well as COTS and custom communication protocols including interfaces and infrastructure in support of operations (e.g., internal and external messaging among processes on multiple systems, control and monitoring, and failure processing).
The task necessitates that the candidate be dedicated, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, and work well with other engineers to accomplish program goals within cost and schedule. The work necessitates the ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
The selected applicant will be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (SAP/SAR). The selected applicant must maintain eligibility for continued access to classified information throughout their employment as required by the job.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related STEM discipline.
• Professional experience developing with C/C++
• Professional experience developing with C#.
• Professional experience developing graphical user interfaces for desktops.
• Professional experience designing software architectures using OOA, OOD concepts.
• Must have a final DoD secret clearance to start and the ability to obtain a top-secret clearance with additional
• Modular, multi-core, and multi-threaded programming in C, C++ and C#.
• Graphical user interface development across multiple languages.
• Experience using software development IDEs for Windows and Linux including the use of compilers, linkers, and debuggers.
• Experience using Git and Gitlab for configuration management, continuous integration, and continuous deployment activities.
• Development in an FPGA-based environment using FPGA toolsets and soft cores.
• Working knowledge and understanding of operating systems and networking.
• Experience developing hardware device drivers and integrating the drives to operating systems.
• Knowledge of cryptography and key management.
• Experience in developing and presenting engineering level documentation including operational concepts, requirements capture and decomposition, interface design, software design, and unit test cases.
• Mature time management practices.
• Agile techniques and practices.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret with Investigation or CV date within 5 years
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
- Lockheed Martin Jobs