HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Radiology Technician in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Come join us atSpotsylvania Regional Medical Center! We are a 133 bed acute care hospital, opened in 2010 and located south of Fredericksburg, VA off I-95. As one of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family we are proud to be ranked as one of the safest hospitals in the U.S. We offer a wide range of healthcare services with a patient-first, community-centered approach including: * A 24-hour emergency room * Advanced-technology operating rooms * Cancer care center * Advanced imaging, including CT, MRI and nuclear medicine * Heart and vascular care * Obstetrics and neonatal care (NICU) * Intensive care * Psychiatric care Are you ready to take your imaging career to the next level? If you are a proactive, goal-oriented team player with the ability to work independently this Radiology Technologist position is perfect for you! We pride ourselves on having a family-like environment and we strive to work as a team each and every day to be the best radiology department we can be. We would love to have you join our team and help serve our community by providing compassionate and high quality care to those around us.
The responsibilities of the Radiology Technologist include, but are not limited to:
* Obtains quality radiographs of patients within the department as well as with portable equipment in an acceptable timeframe.
* Complies with radiation safety guidelines for patient and self. Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment. Operates radiographic equipment safely and competently.
* Demonstrates the ability to perform all necessary computer operations (i.e. Meditech and PACS). Ensure proper charges are entered and referring physician’s orders are verified.
* * * Renders patient care in a professional and courteous manner.
* * * Prepares examination rooms for radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures. Monitors inventory of supplies during room rotation. Maintain room cleanliness and neat appearance of work areas and dressing rooms. * * * Assists the radiologist in administering medications, contrast agents and all types of care to the patient. * * * Reviews each exam for technical accuracy (i.e. markers on images, technical quality, anatomical positioning, annotation, etc.) and completes verification process in PACS. * * * Assists Diagnostic Supervisor with PACS clean up. i.e.: Clean CR plates, erase cassettes, close and send exams from workstations, etc.
Completes and maintains personal educational requirements.
Maintains strict confidentiality regarding employees and patient information according to Policy and Procedure.
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great full-time/part benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment plan and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately so apply today! About HCA: HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 178 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “World’s Most Ethical companies” * *
EDUCATION * * REQUIRED: Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. Responsible for continuing education credits as mandated by the ARRT for licensure
Required: American Registry of Radiologic Technology (within 6 months of hire) Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider
Preferred: Society of Radiologic Technology Preferred: Virginia Society of Radiologic Technology
PREFERRED: One-year as a staff technologist
/HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws./ / / // /This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training./
Title: Radiology Technician
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-23398