Marriott Market Information Technology Manager (Level 2) - Arizona in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Number 22004823
Job Category Information Technology
Location Shared Service IT East, 9737 Washingtonian Blvd Ste 320, Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Contributes general knowledge and skill in technology to provide first-and some second-level support including break-fix (repairs, installations, maintenance of systems) for designated area. Generally works within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks. Responsible for performing repairs, installations, and maintenance for property-based systems with a particular area. Has knowledge of sophisticated technology equipment/processes and Marriott proprietary systems.
Education and Experience
• College degree or equivalent work experience. Possess 2-4 years’ experience in like Information Technology position.
• Previous experience in Marriott IT.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Technology Needs within Budget Targets
• Assists and/or provides input to IT Leadership for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Confirms that area is in compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policies (MIPs) and Information Security Manuals (ISMs). Implements solutions as directed to resolve discrepancies.
• Places equipment orders as directed relating to personal computers, telecommunications, local servers/networks; processes invoices.
• Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management as requested.
• Confirms that technology assets are secured.
• Complies with technology-related vendor contracts.
Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
• Writes and presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in written and/or oral formats.
• Provides customer service.
• Responds to inquiries from customers/vendors/peer group.
• Provides detailed status reports as requested.
Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
• Assists in disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
• Provides technical guidance.
• Escalates support for all Marriott approved technology solutions (i.e. mobility devices, GPNS) & Request Center Processes.
• Provides escalation and guidance to property pertaining to guest & associate internet access requirements.
• Escalates problems as appropriate through direct supervisor, CLS IT Field and/or Marriott IT resources.
• Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to appropriate server/network.
• Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
• Performs routine desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
• Provides end-user support.
• Confirms technology security (i.e. encryption, patch deployment) and technology compliance (i.e. Quarterly ID Audits, MAARK1) measures are in place.
• Supports unit infrastructure (servers, switches, router, APs etc.) and engages appropriate MI IT&/or Vendor resources.
• Assists in creating and maintaining secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine preventative maintenance.
• Provides project support for corporate, regional and property initiatives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs